Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree45Likes

Axial SMT10 Monster Truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2023, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Shot in the dark here, has anybody tried the dual motor mount? I'm thinking about getting one to try and better compete with the MOA trucks, but it looks like some serious mods may be required. I can't seem to find any pics or vids of an SMT with the dual motor, just the SCX. I'm thinking the battery tray will have to modded as a minimum, not sure what else.
Old 09-21-2023, 11:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JCarr
Shot in the dark here, has anybody tried the dual motor mount? I'm thinking about getting one to try and better compete with the MOA trucks, but it looks like some serious mods may be required. I can't seem to find any pics or vids of an SMT with the dual motor, just the SCX. I'm thinking the battery tray will have to modded as a minimum, not sure what else.
I assume you're running in the sport mod class? I've seen tons of trigger king guys running dual motor axial based trucks, but not sure if any have done so with the stock chassis and battery mount...

After some searching, it looks like you should be able to do it with a little trimming of a crossmember and the front of the battery mount (from a reddit thread called "Dual 4.5t brushless dual esc SMT10"):

JCarr likes this.
Old 09-22-2023, 03:59 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Buckland, I think I saw a link for that thread, but skipped over it because I didn't think anyone would actually try dual brushless in one of these. You're correct in that I am running sport mod. In the 2 events I've been able to go to, the truck runs really well, but I can tell I'm definitely down on power compared to the MOA setups. Hoping to close that gap a bit. Thank again for the info.
Buckland likes this.
Old 09-23-2023, 04:48 PM
Tech Adept

can't quote the post. but who makes the OBS Chevy body on JCarrs truck? that is slick!
Old 09-24-2023, 07:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Disgruntled_RC
can't quote the post. but who makes the OBS Chevy body on JCarrs truck? that is slick!
I'd be willing to bet it's the JConcepts 1988 Silverado found here: https://jconcepts.net/1988-chevy-sil...ended-cab-body
JCarr and Disgruntled_RC like this.
Old 09-25-2023, 03:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tromoly
I'd be willing to bet it's the JConcepts 1988 Silverado found here: https://jconcepts.net/1988-chevy-sil...ended-cab-body
Yes, that is the one.
Disgruntled_RC likes this.