Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
New engine for Mad Force? >

New engine for Mad Force?

New engine for Mad Force?

Old 03-29-2016, 05:27 AM
Tech Adept

Default New engine for Mad Force?

Hi, guys!
I decided to finally change my 7 years old GX21 due to bearings/con rod failure and I'm down to three option:
1. Kyosho KE25, muffler/manifold included - around $135 shipped to Romania and almost sure another 20% in duties.
2. LRP .28 spec 3 - $150 shipped and I'll need at least a $15-20 manifold IF I can use my old Kyosho pipe
3. A cheap EG Sport .28 from Hobbyking, manifold included - around $90 shipped. Also, IF I can use my old Kyosho pipe!

I do need to buy a new manifold since the old one does not have the 16mm (?) outlet for exhaust, but that rectangular outlet with two screws.
Now, I know Kyosho deliver all new monster trucks with KE25 and I suppose they do this for a good reason: all those plastic gears which I believe will not resist to a .28 engine. Of course, I can use it with a restrictor on the air inlet to tame it down if I'll change the gears too often Does anybody around here owed both Kyosho and LRP engines? Is KE25 up to its job? What would you buy? Of course, more or less on a budget.
Old 03-29-2016, 02:48 PM
Tech Adept

https://youtu.be/V0hznSEcC9A https://youtu.be/VGNHpYDv5zM
Old 03-29-2016, 03:32 PM
Tech Adept

Nice! But if you ask me, that Savage was a little bit too rich. I know, because I've owned one. An if kind of liked the car itself, I'd never quite loved it's F4.6. Always overheating, hard to start when hot and so on. And I'm by no mean a newbie with nitro.
So you are saying that KE25 should be a good choice?
Old 03-30-2016, 08:44 AM
Tech Adept

kyosho ke 25 is a good engine, if you can find it on the cheap buy it ke 25 uses the connecting rod of the GX21.