Kyosho engine troubles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho engine troubles

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 05:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

I wd40 the bearin and tried again and still the same so i did some research and the fuel mixture was lean so i adjusted it but its still cutting out after runnin for about ten seconds the revs die down and the engine cuts out any ideas
Old 02-08-2016, 07:01 AM
Tech Adept

1: take a stand for the mad force and put the wheels in the air

2: adjust the minimum (carburetor) to keep the motor running without attacking the clutch

3: stationary model with the motor running the wheels must not turn
Old 02-08-2016, 11:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

The carb is all set to standard and i snapped the sprin coil in the starter so that may have been causing it to jolt im going to buy a new one and see what happens thanks for the advice
Old 02-12-2016, 06:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi just to update iv fitted the new pull start and what iv gathered from trying to start it today is that i think there isnt fuel going through the fuel lines the only time it tries to start is after blowing through the pipe that goes to the exhaust and also when i pull the starter on some strokes it doesnt turn the bar so i think the one way bearing is skipping i would take it to a rc shop but there isnt any near me and also to update on the rush evo i took apart the engine and its wrecked so i need a new engine so im putting that project aside due to funding issues if anyone has some more tips they would be appreciated as i really want to get this running while im off work because when im back il have no time thanks for all the help
Jay
Old 02-14-2016, 10:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi a quick update i tried start it again today after cleaning the carb and now it wont start at all so iv started to take the engine apart n noticed some fuel on the block so there maybe a cranck somewhere an also the exhaust outlet has a layer of crap so iv cleaned that off il let you know what happens
Many thanks jay
Old 02-15-2016, 04:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi a update and few questions
Last night i spent 3 hours taking apart and cleaning the engine it had a millimetre of crud built up in it and i put it back together exactly how i took it apart today i tried start it and horay it. Started and kept running but heres the issues im now having the clitch is engaged no mater how far the rpm screw is out and i have no idea how to fix this
Also when i pull the trigger it dies and also wont run without the glow starter attached and also there is alot of fuel going through to the point its spraying out the exhaust
I would be grateful for any advise to help me fix these issues i have also got to buy a new one way bearing and shaft bit because they are in a very bad way
Thanks again for all the help and advise you have given me
Jay
Old 02-16-2016, 05:22 AM
Tech Adept

Considering that your engine dies when you remove the glow starter and when you accelerate and having a lot of fuel on your exhaust I would say the mixture is extremely rich. Try to unscrew the HSN at least 1/2 a turn and see what is happening. Also you can try to do the same think to LSN. But not at the same time or you won't understand anything.
Now about the clutch engaging all the time. There are two option: Mixture is too lean (mostly impossible, read above) or the spring on the clutch is broken/loose. Of course, I suppose the return spring from the throttle servo is ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EizVUHLB1g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2Ut4WZoc8M
Old 02-17-2016, 06:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thats great im going to check the things youve mentioned now n will let you know in a bit
Old 02-17-2016, 08:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Right so i turned down the hsn half a turn and it wouldnt start untill i turned up the throttle on the controller and it would start and rev really high even tho the idle nedle is out as far as it can go so i turn down the throttle on the controller and it dies so im stumped also when i put the break on a tiny bit it closes in the carb and kills the engine but i camt find the manual for this car model of car i have all the ones on the kyosho website are for diferent types not my model
Any ideas
Thanks
Jay
Old 02-17-2016, 10:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

I checked the clutch spring and i put it in backwards when i took it apart last so iv changed it around and will try again tomorrow if i get a chance
Old 02-18-2016, 04:35 AM
Tech Adept

There is a possibility that your front bearing is gone. You should check if it still tight and there is no air leak between inner ring and rubber gasket.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi im not sure where your talking about im going to try start it again tomorow if i have time due to it being my birthday and see what happens
Thanks
Jay
Old 02-18-2016, 10:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Im also having another issue when i put the brake on after the tiniest movement on the trigger it closes the carb and kills the engine it should stay open 1mm like when its at idle and i have no idea how to adjust it i cant find the manual for my model on the kyosho website anywhere any ideas on adjustment
Thanks
Jay
Old 02-27-2016, 05:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Im still having issues with the engine so im going to swap the clutch back around and if that dont work il put the one from my spare mad force in there and if not il try buy a new carb
Old 02-27-2016, 09:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

I swaped the clutch over from my other engine its rubber instead of metal but looked in better condition im going to have to buy a new one way bearing and the shaft before i can try again because what it has on it atm is nackerd im still having so many issues with the engine im not sure what to do to fix it i tried putting it to standard settings that didnt help i tried follow them videos and still nothing im running out of ideas now can anyone think of somethin i havent tried
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.