Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Xcelorin 1/8 brushless setup

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 01:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Losi Xcelorin 1/8 brushless setup

Hi guys,

I have a Mini MGT that I converted to electric years ago and I just recently bought a new Losi Xcelorin 2100kv brushless setup for it.
Just wanted to know peoples thoughts on it, is there anything that I need to know about it before I start using it? If any of you had owned it at some point could you please tell me your opinion on the setup.

My truck is pretty small (compared to the LSTs and 1/8 trucks) and I have been running a 550 brushless 3000kv motor on it, so this should be more than enough power for it. Hopefully it'll be a blast to run.
Old 12-30-2015, 03:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Pic of the car waiting for its new motor: (trying to keep this thread alive...)

Old 12-30-2015, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

You bought a new 1/8 Xcelorin setup? I'm surprised you were able to find one nib, they were discontinued quite a long time ago. Never had one of these setups and I don't remember a whole lot about them besides the basics, 5s max etc. I think there were 2 versions with the 2nd generation being better, no way you'd be able to get a replacement or repair these days though.

I wouldn't worry about it though. This system should be more than enough for your truck and so it should run nice and cool. What voltage are you planning on running?

Edit: Make sure the diffs are shimmed to eliminate any play and the diff cases are in good shape, this can be a problem area with these trucks. Integy diff cases are a popular upgrade because of it.
Old 12-31-2015, 09:45 PM
Tech Initiate

I planned on running it on a 3S battery, should be fine for the size of the truck.

Yep I dealt with the diffs a while back before converting it to brushless, I haven't had any problems with it yet, the whole drivetrain is pretty solid imo, its held up fine on my old brushless system.
Old 01-01-2016, 05:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

wow i had one few years ago n it was a blast think i still have the program card n pc adapter for it nice truck to
Old 02-21-2016, 08:01 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tdevilman420
wow i had one few years ago n it was a blast think i still have the program card n pc adapter for it nice truck to
Any chance you still have that and want to part with it?

I've got this system coming in a Losi 8T-TE and i know it is hard to find these things now that they are part of history.

Anyone else know much about this esc/motor combo? It wasn't cheap in its hayday @ ~$350!