Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Primes Magneto Build

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 04:36 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

One of my favorite builds on the magneto platform. Great job.
Old 10-25-2015, 07:00 AM
Tech Adept

Got some new diff cases from K-Maxx Kustoms
all 1/8 scale diffs will fit. including LOSI and CEN
This is what they look like with an 8 spider diff inside them.

You can also shim the pinion without separating the cases, and there is more support for the pinion bearings.
The bearings are pressed into the housing. And the housing is made from 1 piece, instead of 2 half circles.

Perfect fit on the GARC bulkheads

Front sweet strobe brace for the front bulk head.

UE knucklehead tower, proline powerstrokes, MIP shafts and ejector hinge pins.

From this

All back together again like this.
Old 10-25-2015, 05:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sick build man. I can say I'm green with envy.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I seem to remember there being a similar diff case being made back in the day. I believe the company was called Trophy Truck and they made a set of unique suspension arms (very long with the shock mounts on the upper arm) in addition to those square diff cases with the removable pinion support.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:35 PM
Tech Regular

Yes, correct Overdriven, but the manufacturer of the diff cases was TCRC, who are unfortunately no longer in business. There have been several improvements made to the original design though. They accept CEN 1/8th diffs without any need of modification like other diff cases, & allow you to shim the pinion without even taking the diff out of the 2 side cases. Bearings fit tight, & are also very snug in GARC Bulks which I like a lot. I have not received mine yet, and am looking forward to the 2nd batch being made, as the 1st batch sold out within a couple hours I think...
Old 10-26-2015, 09:33 PM
Tech Adept

Yep. 53 sets got sold in the first 2 hours. Each set contains both front and rear cases.
Old 10-28-2015, 01:13 AM
Tech Adept

Sweep racing balloon test
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

K-Maxx Kustoms diff cases test
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DarkSammy
Yes, correct Overdriven, but the manufacturer of the diff cases was TCRC, who are unfortunately no longer in business.
Well I don't doubt you, I'm going by hazy memory of pretty uncommon parts from at least a decade ago. But since you're in that scene with others who like these parts (blazerss) ever hear of Trophy Truck? They did make a 1/8 diff case similar in shape to the TCRC/K-Maxx one (possibly without the removable pinion support) and the extra long aluminum arms I mentioned and possibly a big block kit. I do have a pic of a TMaxx with the arms I'll have to dig out of an old hard drive. Just a curiousity thing as I saw them on an eBay truck a decade ago and could never find any other pics with very little info out there about them at the time.
Old 10-28-2015, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Never mind. Just did a little digging and realized what you were trying to say, TCRC is what I was calling Trophy Truck. Still can't find any pics of those arms though.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:08 PM
Tech Regular

The only extra long arms I can think of are the BAS arms. They were always a bit longer then even the extended 2.5 equivalents... The design was similar to the RPM True tracks, but used the rear design of the true track for both the front & rears... Very beefy. There is a Group Buy happening at the moment for them at Centralemaxx if anyone was interested. The guy who made them was a 1 guy business, he designed & manufactured them himself. He doesn't make them anymore but agreed to do a run for us due to the number committed...
Old 11-01-2015, 02:47 PM
Tech Adept

I've been waiting on UE to make more RacerX control arms and steering hubs. I recently purchased 8 of his SuperShocks and need to move the shock ends out further towards the outer lower control arms....however, my FLM upper control arms will not allow this. The shock spring hits the outer hole slots in the arms before I can get them there...which doesn't allow the lower stance I am looking for. Not sure if there are any other options.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:55 AM
Tech Adept

+ YouTube Video
Old 11-12-2015, 05:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ausprime
+ YouTube Video
You link is not showing up on my end looking through my phone. Can you post a YouTube link?
Old 11-12-2015, 05:46 AM
Tech Adept

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myFpgS3EzcI
Old 12-02-2015, 04:09 AM
Tech Adept

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_WZp-gr0w
+ YouTube Video

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.