Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ecx ruckus steering problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 03:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Ecx ruckus steering problem

hey guys fairly new to the hobby so kinda clueless still. Any way I got a used ruckus 4x4 the other day and it tries to steer but doesn't really. It goes to the right ok but barely to the left. After reading some convos on here I figured it was just a servo issue. So I replaced it with a traxxas servo cause that's all I can buy locally. I was surprised when I took it outside cause it does the exact same thing. Anyone have any ideas what could be the issue?
Old 04-30-2015, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

On your transmitter there are trim knobs, one for the steering and one for the throttle. The throttle trim knob should always be centered on electric vehicles. The steering trim knob should be close to centered. You can play with the steering trim knob but I recommend just starting from scratch.

Start by taking the servo horn off of the servo. Now turn on the transmitter and the truck. Center the steering trim knob then reinstall the servo horn while the wheels are pointing as straight as possible. You probably won't be able to get the wheels perfectly straight and can fix that one of two ways. You can adjust the steering trim knob until the wheels are straight, or you can adjust the steering linkage.

When you turn the steering trim knob to the right you gain servo travel to the right but lose some travel to the left. The same is true when you turn the steering trim knob to the right. Obviously adjusting the steering linkage is the best way to center the wheels but it takes longer.
Old 04-30-2015, 04:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Ya I've already done all that. I've tried adjusting everything about three times. And it turn a little better but still can't make it turn around on a two lane road without hitting the curb.
Old 05-01-2015, 09:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Turns out it's a bad radio and receiver.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey I'm having the same problem. Are there any servos and servo savers that would work in the ruckus that could give me the best steering I can get.