Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
lst problem n e suggestions? >

lst problem n e suggestions?

lst problem n e suggestions?

Old 10-10-2005, 11:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Default lst problem n e suggestions?

i have had my LST for about 6 months now and have modded it out and done some major off roading with it. within this last month i have heard this sound that sounds like gears grinding i have checked the diffs and gone through and cleaned out the whole car. but still making this gear grinding sound..i have already replaced the 2 speed with the upgraded 2 speed gears. does anybody have any suggestions or know what the problem could be? it would be great help thanks,

sean
Old 10-11-2005, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

how bad is the grinding? is it on power or off power that you notice it?

does it do it at idle?

have you removed the tranny?

i noticed the same thing with mine but it never became a problem i checked everything,when i put my f.o.c. in i saw that the small screw holding one of the gears on the bevel gear had backed out and dropped in the case.
luckily it dropped into a big blob of grease and never tore anything up
Old 10-11-2005, 12:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Default problem

it doesnt do it when its idling at all its only when its on power. i havent checked the tranny yet that was going to be my last resort. i will check out the diff's again to see if i can see anything. thnx

sean
Old 10-11-2005, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

Originally Posted by SJLsT2
it doesnt do it when its idling at all its only when its on power. i havent checked the tranny yet that was going to be my last resort. i will check out the diff's again to see if i can see anything. thnx

sean
i would check the tranny,if you took the diffs apart and nothing was wrong then the only moving part left is the tranny
Old 10-11-2005, 04:34 PM
Tech Regular

Here's your issue.

I could blame it on the 22+ gallons but as you can see I touched that screw while installing the FWD only kit, my bad.
Old 10-11-2005, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i had this problem also turns out it was in the brakes. the screws that you adjust the gap on the pads turn them out about one turn and see if that
solves it. let me know.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:45 PM
Tech Regular

What screw to adjust the brakes???

Is it in this pic??
Old 10-11-2005, 11:39 PM
Tech Rookie

hey i just wanted to say thanks for all of the suggestions i have been real busy lately with work and school that i havent got to trying out any of the suggestions yet but when i do i will for sure let everyone know what the problem is. thanks everyone

sean
Old 10-12-2005, 05:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yes the one allen head screw that holds the metal plates. would never had thought it myself but mine sounded like a ratchet clicking, i replaced both diffs and went back in the tranny till i tried this and it fixed it. Go figure.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Oh yea and another thing that i noticed also was when i pick the car up off the ground and rev up the engine it wont make the grinding sound? im not sure what that could mean? anyways thnx for the replys again

Sean