Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dual Hv Maxx T maxx Killer!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ProudSavageOwnr
no offence or nething but that truck looks pretty damm stupid if u ask me no offence but it does and the main reason ur screwing up ur tranny is because uve got aBIG load of alloy and all the torque isnt pushing the truck untill it starts moving thats y ur slipper has melted

ITS CALLED USING UR BRAIN MY FRIEND !!!!!!!! o and ps go for a savage u dont need to upgrade $hit
I love the way people start a sentence with the words "no offence" and then do there best to be blatantly offensive.
How about they like electric and had an idea. Electric has more torque than Nitro off a standing start, so they are pushing more grunt through there drive train than your poor little Savage. Reading feedback from a lot of savage owners they have a tendency to blow diffs, and odds in with this amount of grunt a Savage would also simply crap its self.
Kudos to sikeston34m & MoFO for pushing the envelope and ProudSavageOwnr I don't care if you find this offensive or not, but SFTU because pissing on other peoples parade just makes you look small and narrow minded. When it comes to being part of a community "ITS CALLED USING UR BRAIN MY FRIEND !!!!!!!! "
Old 02-04-2006, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

wow..... a ford owner has balls to tell me off LOL dude 1stly if ur gona tell som1 off dont use that screen name there just gona laugh at u and nitro engine have something called a CLUTCH electric DONT i can bet u that i could put 4 eletric engines on a savage and it WONT sh!t itself
Old 02-04-2006, 03:03 PM
Tech Adept

Look PSO I am not going to get into a pissing contest with you, but how about you show some respect for the work of others and stop being a pratt.

As for Ford owner... There is this thing out there called a "Bird" one particular species of bird is the Peregrine Falcon, and the name I use is related to that and not a car. So how about you get a bit of an idea and talk about the content of the mail instead of abusing someone over the Board alias they use
Old 02-04-2006, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

for the record a nitro engine will actually have more power and torque off the start, engines are dyno'd using a direct drive system.....if the actual cars worked like that, that would be the case. but because nitro's have centrifigul (or however you spell it) the engine revs up then engages giving it more low end power and putting the drivetrain through more stress then an electric motors gradual acceleration. and if your saying an electric cars drivetrain is more durable then a savage's drivetrain....you are very wrong. an e-maxx would never stand up to a big-block engine. im not trying to start a flame im just making an educated response.
Old 02-04-2006, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

^^^^^^^^true

a e maxx has plastic internal gears wer is that the savage has METAL internal gears do some research u mite learn somthing
Old 02-05-2006, 12:44 AM
Tech Adept

The E-Maxx's Drivtrain is teh same as the T-Maxx's Drivetrain. Yes the Centripital clutch is definately one of the places that a Nitro looses off the line torque and power.

And Yes the Drivetrain of the E-Maxx is crap (Stock on 12 cells you can twist it) As for Plastic gears, there is only one which is the Spur gear, and this doesn't show much ware compared to the damage done to the stock Uni joints. But then again any one who runs a maxx replaces all of them with Steel prety soon any way.

Yep dracy69 you are not flaming, you are giving an informed opinion. Maybe PSO should learn from you
Old 02-05-2006, 10:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

no i was saying a centrifigul clutch is where a nitro gains off-the-line performance.....instead of pushing the truck from 0 rpms, the clutch allows the engine to wind up....then engage which in turn puts a sudden jolt of power through a nitro's drivetrain meaining nitro's are under more stress. and i thought the tranny gears were plastic in e-maxx's? ive heard this several times before......
Old 02-07-2006, 12:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Lightbulb Speed guns available

you dont need to get a Cop to clock how fast your car or truck goes, I have a Speed gun just like the cops have. it clocks from 1-200mph if you have a radio shack where you live the you can get one its $150.00 its Worth it 100% accurate, I put some pictures of how it looks like at the bottom. if you dont have a radioshack by you then go to www.radioshack.com & type in speed gun in the search box.
Attached Thumbnails Dual Hv Maxx T maxx Killer!-speedgun.jpg   Dual Hv Maxx T maxx Killer!-speedgun2.jpg  
Old 02-07-2006, 07:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

hey....i see...everyone is heated here...i have ultramaxxed transmission gears/Robinson Racing Aluminum Spur/Pinions,Supermaxx 6 spyder differentials and aluminum cvds...This will be able to withstand the stress the dual brushless gives out...i believe we are talking about a STOCK T-maxx...i don't think we are talking about a BIG BLOCK t-maxx...of course thats a different story..This is my SHOW TRUCK...i used the same drivetrain on my other e maxx...that emaxx has most plastic parts only thing aluminum is the chassis...with piggyback shocks...thats my BASHER and it fly pretty well...
Old 03-08-2006, 12:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Cool RRP for you

You DEF. need a dual disk slipper from robinson and you have to set it right but once you do you should be able to run far more slips before heat is a problem. this is the fuse of your powertrain. Understanding why and how a slipper works is cruital to getting the powertrain reliable. With this rig you need every RRP powertrain U.G. you can get. To properly set your slipper use a temp gage to check temps your fingers will thank you for it. if you can only get a few bits at a time get a DD slipper first then a top shaft to hold it. the RRP slipper is very tuneable and can handle more power (heat) than you think. just rember to NOT lock down the spring on the clutch and lock the slipper to your top shaft and by result toasting your tansmission gears from shock ( Teeth knocked off spur too also). This is the fix for the reliablity prob but beware of making large changes to the preload on the clutch. start with less pressure an firm it up untill you can do a power pass and not put a large amount of heat into the spur/slipper (again a temp gage is cruital for this.) some heat is ok. To fix the balloning tires i used battery tape two strips slightly overlapped edges and ends (very light) some use duct tape but i find that this is adds to much rotating mass at the worst possable spot.
I hope this will help work out the bugs in your Radical E-maxx. Good job so far!
Attached Thumbnails Dual Hv Maxx T maxx Killer!-my-tmaxx-slipper.jpg  
Old 03-08-2006, 12:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Default the best speedo i have so far

The easy way to see how fast your truck is load up a GPS! I have a Garmin etrex legend it is pretty light and gives you speed max,avg moving time and location tracks (neat to draw GPS Photos). Try it i rolled my truck a few time running it but i did not hurt it works great to test your setup. Just strap it down in the bed and go and see how fast you are!
Attached Thumbnails Dual Hv Maxx T maxx Killer!-gps-performance-info.jpg  
Old 03-12-2006, 12:41 PM
Tech Rookie

man, those are some sweeeeet Maxxes!
Old 12-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile

Originally Posted by dracy69
for the record a nitro engine will actually have more power and torque off the start, engines are dyno'd using a direct drive system.....if the actual cars worked like that, that would be the case. but because nitro's have centrifigul (or however you spell it) the engine revs up then engages giving it more low end power and putting the drivetrain through more stress then an electric motors gradual acceleration. and if your saying an electric cars drivetrain is more durable then a savage's drivetrain....you are very wrong. an e-maxx would never stand up to a big-block engine. im not trying to start a flame im just making an educated response.
Just for everyones information. I work on both diesel engines, and electric traction motors in the real world. An electric motor produces its peak torque at just above 0rpm this is why it does not need a clutch. A gas internal combustion engine has a torque curve. Torque will climb sharply to the engines mid rpm range and then fall off graduly as the engine gains rpm. Your nitro engine's centrifical clutch will and does ingage before the engine reaches it's peak torque, and when it engages it does so not all at once it is a fast gradual apply sliping some before fully ingaging. On an electric rc drivetrain thay have what is called a slipper to achive the same fast gradual application of torque.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

but who wants a savage, they are just a overpriced, under performing POS
Old 09-20-2010, 12:29 AM
Tech Rookie

so this thread is anchent but i need some info. hopefully all the trollers have long sence left. i have an old savage ss. im looking at putting in the center trans from a flux to handle the power and im working on a dual brushless mount for motors. will it work if i set up a y cable from my recever to my esc's and remove the red wires from split to recever. powering the recever with a pack of its own? and btw the savage trans wont handle the bl power. hence its a full new trans when hpi released the flux.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.