Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Transfer cases? >

Transfer cases?

Transfer cases?

Old 09-25-2005, 10:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Transfer cases?

Was fooling around with my Savage SS yesterday, and almost instantly lost all power to the wheels, front and back. I checked everything from the engine, clutch bell, and the main transfer case and they are all fine, but, if I turn the drive shafts to either the front or the rear wheels, there is no resistance at all, the wheels will not turn, it's almost like something has sheared off in the front and rear transfer cases. If there is anyone that can point me in the right direction, please feel free to comment.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

the drive cups that the dog bones go into might have lost the set screws so the driveshafts might not be turning anything and just free spinning, but its unlikely for all the screws to fall out at once. but check anyway. also if you can check the spider gears in the diffs but thats also unlikely to blow both diffs at the same time. and nothing is wrong inside the tranny?
Old 09-26-2005, 04:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Dracy69, thankyou, I checked the set screws, and somehow they both fell out, I replaced them and I'm back in business again. Thanks again.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

happens to my stadium truck all the time, one prob fell out and you didnt notice and you had 2wd for a while then the other prob fell out, usually when you have 2wd it gets wobbly and does sick donuts ( ) unless you front wheel drive then you prob wouldnt notice all that much (cept no wheelies). and your welcome willing to help out almost anytime