Marui Big Bear Restoration

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marui Big Bear Restoration

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Rookie

hey i have one of these big bears from my father and would like to get it going again but the rear gear is stripped. know any where i could get one?
Old 12-22-2010, 08:36 AM
Tech Rookie

It looks like you are stuck with either buying used parts or having a custom replacement made.

There were a few guys posting parts over on scale4x4rc.org a few years back. Just search for Big Bear. It came up on a Google search also.

Good luck!

I finally got the axles turned down to upgrade to rear ball bearings, replaced the motor with one that fits in the plastic differential case, upgraded to an electronic speed controller, and a friend made me a front body mount. So it's all back together and works great. I'll post up pictures later.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Default big bear

Does anyone have a big bear they want to sell? i am restoring mine and need a few things.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What are you looking for?
Old 07-27-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

hey guys, im looking for a big bear manual. can anyone hepl?
Old 07-28-2012, 12:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Are you looking for a physical manual or will a scanned copy work?

I have a scanned manual available on the web page in my profile.

Or you can Google search "tokyo marui big bear manual" and my link should be first.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mirage1
Are you looking for a physical manual or will a scanned copy work?

I have a scanned manual available on the web page in my profile.

Or you can Google search "tokyo marui big bear manual" and my link should be first.

Love your work mate, thanks!
Old 09-25-2012, 10:42 AM
Tech Initiate

If you go on ebay right now they are bidding on a whole big bear in very good shape the bid so far is 31.00 dollars
Old 09-25-2012, 10:41 PM
Suspended

very good information bro thanks
Old 03-27-2013, 03:29 PM
Tech Rookie

I have a Big Bear that needs 2 tires / but I prefer Tamiya products so either I restore or I sell...Chassis was cut for batteries, have hard shell body, rear end, bumper, etc......anyone?
Old 03-28-2013, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Platinum_Racing
The new cars running around just don't seem to match the durability of the older Tamiya's. I've driven the rims off my Boomerang, and have yet to break a thing! The shocks still hold oil! I recently rebuilt the front one, but only because I wanted a ligher weight oil. I also just got done installing bearings, and new tires. It handles like it's on rails!

The newer cars are built to tighter clearances, with less slack and slop, but they still are mere silouhettes of the cars ov yesteryears. Sure, the plastic has come a long way, and materials have grown stronger, but the balance between weight and strength has shifted. Now all the companies care about is building a car strong enough to make the mains. The old cars were meant to beat the ever loving crap out of, then install a fresh 1200 and go for it again!
OMG, I was just saying this same thing on another forum. I also had a Boomerang, drove it and drove it.......Now granted it wasn't brushless, but still. My son was 8ish at the time, he's 31 now lmao.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Gonna be honest these are cool little old trucks
Old 03-21-2016, 07:13 PM
Tech Rookie

I've recently bought a Big Bear that I will be fixing up but unfortunately there was no motor pinion included. It has the original 48 pitch gearing in the rear end. Could you tell me how many teeth the motor pinion should have? The manuals don't seem to state the tooth count anywhere...Thanks!
Old 03-24-2016, 12:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by DiabolicMachine
I've recently bought a Big Bear that I will be fixing up but unfortunately there was no motor pinion included. It has the original 48 pitch gearing in the rear end. Could you tell me how many teeth the motor pinion should have? The manuals don't seem to state the tooth count anywhere...Thanks!
11 teeth - I uploaded some pictures and measurements to my album on this forum. (I had trouble linking/posting them here) You should be able to click my username and look for the Big Bear album.

Let me know if you need more info or higher-resolution copies of these images.
Old 03-30-2016, 04:18 PM
Tech Rookie

I appreciate the reply! Unfortunately in looking at your album I can see that your gearbox has the upgraded 32 pitch gears (Strengthened Differential Gear Set). The original gears are a finer 48 pitch, and only have 2 bevel gears in the differential.

The search continues!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.