Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Dasupacat1
Yeah, but how bout this question?
yes they will fit
Old 12-27-2005, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ProjectLST
Steven, where are you seeing this rule. The link I posted from the ROAR site lists .28 as the max.
hey rick,

i just clicked the link and your right the rule is .28,when they first came out i would swear it was .26 me and the other guys have been talking trying to decide what we were going to do.

i think it was changed or it was a mistake on my paperwork i will look for it and let you know.

as for the track we will be going by ROAR rules so .28 it is
Old 12-27-2005, 08:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by stevenmichael
hey rick,

i just clicked the link and your right the rule is .28,when they first came out i would swear it was .26 me and the other guys have been talking trying to decide what we were going to do.

i think it was changed or it was a mistake on my paperwork i will look for it and let you know.

as for the track we will be going by ROAR rules so .28 it is
Ha! Ha! I'm glad I wasn't reading it wrong. I found it under updated rules but I thought I had read the change had been requested in one of my magazines a couple months back. Are we still on for New Years Eve or is all this rain changed that?
Old 12-28-2005, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ProjectLST
Ha! Ha! I'm glad I wasn't reading it wrong. I found it under updated rules but I thought I had read the change had been requested in one of my magazines a couple months back. Are we still on for New Years Eve or is all this rain changed that?
yeah i went ot my print out i made when it first hit the site and it was .26 now they have changed it so im good with that

as for working...man i dont know right now it poured sun. night,testerday and is raining as i type this now with no definite end in site.some of the guys were talking about going out there to set the poles and such but honestly it depends on the conditions if its flooded we will end up doing more harm than good.

keep an eye at the site and if all else fails i will email you

L8
steven
Old 12-28-2005, 02:54 PM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by stevenmichael
yes they will fit
Cool. I wanna get a set for bashing on asphalt. Keep the kit tires for dirt.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

ok guys help me out! what causes the ratcheting noise in th drivetrain.
getting frustrated thought it was in the brakes but no. got alum diff housings
foc tranny. i can take it all apart everything looks good, put it back together
and it is fine. run it and the prob is back. any ideas?
Old 12-29-2005, 08:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by reddishdsb
ok guys help me out! what causes the ratcheting noise in th drivetrain.
getting frustrated thought it was in the brakes but no. got alum diff housings
foc tranny. i can take it all apart everything looks good, put it back together
and it is fine. run it and the prob is back. any ideas?
Check to make sure one of the plastic dif braces isnt cracked. It could cause one of the dogbones to be slipping in a outdrive cup. Usually that noise is from the spur and pinion gear in the dif slipping. The main cause of that is a cracked dif case - but you changed to the aluminum ones so that seems less likely. When does it make the noise? When under acceleration, or when braking?
Old 12-29-2005, 12:27 PM
Tech Rookie

I've got that same sound. I've also gone to the aluminium diffs and it didn't help. I pulled the tranny apart a found some wear on the gears the feed the outdrives so I replaced the gears and placed a small teflon shim on part #B3118. The sound got a little quieter but now it's back. I phone Bill at Losi and he sent me a new set of gears but he didn't know where the sound was coming from. My neighbors LST has the same sound, we've both gone through our diff's and trannies to find the answer but everything looks fine. I guess we'll have to live with that crunching noise every time we hit the brakes
Old 12-29-2005, 12:53 PM
Tech Regular

I can roll it on the ground and it will bind up not even running.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:05 PM

Ok guys. What are the must have hop ups for this truck. I will eventually race it.
Anybody have a problem with the gear alignment? Spurs and the gears on the clutch aren't line up. They seem off by about 1/8. There's some play on the tranny shaft.

Last edited by Dasupacat1; 12-29-2005 at 02:40 PM.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:52 PM
Tech Regular

One thing I just remembered, when you change to the alum. cases, you usually have to change the shim to the other side. I just can't imagine why the spur/pinion in the dif would be slipping like that unless the mesh isnt quite right. So, maybe there were a bad batch of alum. cases that went out... If its the spider gears making that noise, then the plastic cups are worn. That would be worth a check too. New Era Models, and Team Blue Star (on eBay) both make aluminum cups, and both are high quality. If you want bullit proof, get the sportsworks TiNi coated hardened steel pinion and spur to go along with the aluminum cups. They are made for the Mayhem ST, but are the exact same as the stock LST. I got mine from eHobbies.com for $62 with 2 day shipping (front and rear set).

Good luck!
Old 12-29-2005, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by reddishdsb
I can roll it on the ground and it will bind up not even running.
hey guys,

well i think i finally nailed down the noise you speak of

i had the same problem with mine locking up on me,i checked everything and ran it down to the diff cases.

when you take em apart clean em out completely(i used elec. motor spray )then look at the grooves the pins slide into,i noticed on mine the pins could turn with the torque of the of the motor trying to get them moving.

i replaced the cups on mine and put fresh fluid in and problem gone i did nothing else and it fixed it.

it was binding the diff up so bad that when i went from full power to off then back on it would flame the motor out,as soon as i replaced the cups in quit doing it.

also the noise issue,i found that with the FOC installed it made a little more noise than normal.just something i discovered and thought i would pass along.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dasupacat1
Ok guys. What are the must have hop ups for this truck. I will eventually race it.
Anybody have a problem with the gear alignment? Spurs and the gears on the clutch aren't line up. They seem off by about 1/8. There's some play on the tranny shaft.
for me if it is the first lst,
lst2 conversion kit
foc
steering servos

if it is the lst2
steering servos
foc

yes my gears were off also,wears with no problem and the tranny shaft does have a little play
Old 12-29-2005, 05:52 PM

I have regular Lst.
Umm dumb question.....wtf does foc mean?
Old 12-29-2005, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

Foward only conversion. on the tranny or getting rid of reverse.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.