Savage ss46 or Genesis 46

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Savage ss46 or Genesis 46

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 08:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

dont get me wrong you can go bashing with the revo if you wish but......you will be in ur LHS buying parts more than you would with a savage.....the savage is just more beefier for bashing....the revo will take a beating but just not as much as the savage would......

Mike
Old 08-12-2005, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Simpsons
And if i wish to go bashing with the revo?

buy spare parts.

Ive had my savage for almost 2 years. raced and bashed. Ive broken one part in that time. Savege is a pain starting out getting used to working on it with the TVP but you get used to it. the flat chassis trucks are alot easier to work on. Ive done just about everything possible to my Savage to get it to handle as good as it can but an equal driver in a Revo still can beat it...
Old 08-12-2005, 03:08 PM
Tech Initiate

as said in the other post (and confirmed)

REVO = RACING

SAVAGE = BASHING THE SH*T OUT OF IT
Old 08-12-2005, 03:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

exactly

Mike
Old 08-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

i am getting the savage SS 4.6 and i was wondering if a fail safe is a thing to look at getting?

Last edited by cars.cars.cars; 08-22-2005 at 03:28 PM.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cars.cars.cars
i have the savage SS 4.6 and i was wondering if a fail safe is a thing to look at getting? i just got the savage 2 days ago and it is broken in and running fine, but i was wondering if a fail safe is a wise thing to get?
Yes, definetely get a fail safe. You don't want a 40mph runaway into a brick wall or anything like that.

Sean
Old 08-12-2005, 09:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cars.cars.cars
i have the savage SS 4.6 and i was wondering if a fail safe is a thing to look at getting? i just got the savage 2 days ago and it is broken in and running fine, but i was wondering if a fail safe is a wise thing to get?
YES YES YES YES YES......dont run the truck before you install one....trust me it has happened to me and i had to learn the hard way...i no it may b a little bit of money for the fail safe.....(i have a brand new one for sale if you want )but trust me it will save you alot more money in the long run.......not just worrying about breaking parts on the truck...you also got to consider...ummm..say little kids or even grownups or parked cars...anything...if you have no control over that truck...lets just say you have more problems other then the broken parts on your truck than if you hit a person or a little kid or a parked car or sumthing.......im telling you to install one before you go out bashing....

Mike.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Let see if I understand you so far

If I choose revo it is a racer but if I want to go bashing it is a little bit delicate

If I choose Savage it is good for bashing but not as fast as the revo but with the 3 speed gear box and some new gears it can achieve good speed too

If I go for genesis it is a good looking truck, big and has an engine for torque not for speed

What else?
Old 08-13-2005, 07:18 AM
Tech Initiate

nothing else in my book

first you decide what you wanna do to most then you pic the truck attached to that purpose
simple as that

so it is all up to you
Old 08-13-2005, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

one more question, whats the BEST gas to use for the savage?
Old 08-13-2005, 09:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

use 20% nitro and from 10-16% oil content....sum good brands are.....bluethunder sport formula...trinity monster HP......wildcat.....they are mostly all good brands just make sure you get the right mixture.....

Mike.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Savage is the way to go. It's the best all round MT on the market and the SS 4.6 offers a nice package with the best updates, wheels, tyres, steering, engine etc. The optional 3 speed is obviously a neat upgrade to have, but it comes as standard on the 25 (4.1) limited edition.

The CEN has a much bigger (46 compared to a 28) engine and a slightly bigger and heavier chassis, but it isn't as quick - the engine has more torque though. By all accounts it isn't as well designed or engineered compared to either the Savage or Revo.

Forget about scale - MT's are all a similar size - Losi LST, Savage, Tmaxx, TNX etc - the CEN has a considerably bigger body, but when you consider all our trucks can run on the same size wheels and bodies, you suddenly realise that the 'scale' doesn't make sense. EG - my 190mm 1/10th scale Vauxhall Astra shell is actually alot BIGGER than the stock body on the Savage.

Comparing a typical fullsize 1:1 size Monster Truck with an RC model MT would probably reveal a scale closer to 1/12th than 1/8th or 1/10th.

MT's based on 1/8th buggy components, especially the diffs, normally get themselves described as 1/8th MT's. MT's based on 1/10th stadium trucks normally get described as 1/10th MT's, regardless to how similar they end up in size. Size, it seems, has very little to do with 'scale' where MT's are concerned!

More important than scale is the burly factor - lighter, nimble Tmaxxs and Revo's have certain handling advantages over bigger, heavier and stronger trucks like the Savage and LST.

Savages can be raced very successfully, but when it comes to bashing - there is only one winner. The Savage deserves it's world's best selling MT status IMO.
Old 08-14-2005, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

I agree with Horatio, get a new Savage you won't be disappointed it has all the upgrades and it is faster than the Genesis.
Old 08-14-2005, 12:32 PM
Tech Regular

im got the savage SS 4.6 kit. finished building now just have to break it in.

Last edited by cars.cars.cars; 08-22-2005 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-20-2005, 10:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hay people I decided to buy the savage but now I have a dilemma the savage ss46 or the savage 25 rtr and upgraded later?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.