Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Upgrading ECX Ruckus 1/10

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 05:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Ecx has came along way few upgrades it's one of the best bashers around some hobby shops won't carry ecx because they don't make much money selling parts cause they don't break enough traxxas is in a fine line of big name but parts are designed to break so hobby stores love them they stock up on parts cause traxxas guys always coming in the ecx guys come in for a bumper then upgrade to rpm and they don't come back for six months.
Old 05-01-2017, 10:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Default where to start

so i got a new set of wheels from proline for both the front and rear but my front axle isnt hex and all my new wheels are, is there any way to convert my front axle to a hex setup?
Old 05-01-2017, 10:20 AM
Tech Rookie

so i have a 2wd 1/10 ruckus and i recently recieved a full set of wheels but they are all hex, my front axle however is not, is there any way to fix this?
Old 05-16-2017, 07:57 PM
Tech Adept

Ruckus was my first ever RC. I loved to jump the thing. I sold it to quickly having thought the money would be better invested in a higher quality RC. I have sense then owned several RCs and missed my Ruckus so much, I bought one off ebay. The thing is awful but that's what makes it so great! Maybe it's just nostalgia. Tough as nails. Definitely going to buy a better servo ASAP. other than that I'll likely keep it stock. Once you start upgrading to much, everything has to go. Best to keep this as a cheap, fun, reliable, tough basher!
Old 10-26-2018, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Big Midget
Is the stock servo in the new version of the ruckus any better than the original?
not at all. 😩
Old 11-01-2018, 07:31 PM
Tech Adept

Hey you guys, I modified the steering on my Ruckus this weekend and it was SUPER cheap. All I did was superglue the two parts together. I only used just a dab just in case I hit something, the bond can break. Steering is way better now.
Old 11-02-2018, 05:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrMario1994
so i have a 2wd 1/10 ruckus and i recently recieved a full set of wheels but they are all hex, my front axle however is not, is there any way to fix this?
did you ever get this situation worked out? I also have a 2wd ruckus, and I put slash 2wd front axles on my truck. They are thicker than stock and hold up better. I did have to put some shims (washers) on the inside and in between the bearing and pin on the outside.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:48 AM
Tech Initiate

I upgraded a ruckus for my daughter but went to far and it fragged out. What took it too far was proline trenchers. BL + Grip = destruction.

After going brushless 2s 3500kv 60a goolrc it was ok but the steering was really really bad. It turned like a fast boat.

I put some alloy parts on to weight it and weights in the front bumper. Spare Slash 4x4 links i had. The alloy steering set up gpm mayb or other no name type no instructions junk.

That alloy steering lasted 5min until the silly horse shoe clamp thing bent open wide. It had no steering at all then.

spat the pinion gear, bust the spur gear and chipped teeth from the diff.

all in 5min after upgrading it lol. The grip is what killed it though. Ecx use hard as tires to spin away the power saving the drive line.

i was so mad with it i brought a stampede 4x4 roller instead. Much happier cos it has a true hobby market to back it up. 100s of owners to chat with and near endless on customisations to make it original.

the ruckus only had one bodyshell too which was annoying it cost more than a proline to uk having to import them. Im glad its gone now lol.

ide rather pay $5 per week to build a traxxas over a year than waste more money on those kinds of rcs now.

once bit twice shy lol.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:53 AM
Tech Initiate

I have to say its a tank to hit things with though i saw my kid struggle with its boat handling. Hitting a metal railing fence around 6x upto 30mph. I really thought it was broken twice from the noise of the impacts but no. It was fine everytime.

It just ate itself from the inside letting it down. But my main problem was lack of hobby feel.

toy grade pretending to be hobby grade feel lol. As in theres not alot about the brand.

People say the 2wd is million times better than the 4x4. Thats odd. Well done ecx. Lol.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by new2brushless
I upgraded a ruckus for my daughter but went to far and it fragged out. What took it too far was proline trenchers. BL + Grip = destruction.

After going brushless 2s 3500kv 60a goolrc it was ok but the steering was really really bad. It turned like a fast boat.

I put some alloy parts on to weight it and weights in the front bumper. Spare Slash 4x4 links i had. The alloy steering set up gpm mayb or other no name type no instructions junk.

That alloy steering lasted 5min until the silly horse shoe clamp thing bent open wide. It had no steering at all then.

spat the pinion gear, bust the spur gear and chipped teeth from the diff.

all in 5min after upgrading it lol. The grip is what killed it though. Ecx use hard as tires to spin away the power saving the drive line.

i was so mad with it i brought a stampede 4x4 roller instead. Much happier cos it has a true hobby market to back it up. 100s of owners to chat with and near endless on customisations to make it original.

the ruckus only had one bodyshell too which was annoying it cost more than a proline to uk having to import them. Im glad its gone now lol.

ide rather pay $5 per week to build a traxxas over a year than waste more money on those kinds of rcs now.

once bit twice shy lol.
I used to have a Stampede. Everyone has a stampede come to think of it. I got rid of it because I was sick of having the same thing as everyone else. Now that my ECX is upgraded it's way more fun than the Stampede. I recommend the ECX over the Traxxas any day. Lower profile, longer wheel base, strong as hell.
MaX-D likes this.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a Stampede 4x4 (now elongated with a Slash chassis) and a number of 2wd ECX trucks. They both have their place. They're both fun, and with the right upgrades, they're both very durable. I will say for sure that the 2wd ECX vehicles are a much better value, and I have a LOT less money into any of those than I do into my Slashpede.