Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Need help with servo >

Need help with servo

Need help with servo

Old 05-02-2005, 06:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Need help with servo

I am looking to upgrade my steering servo in my S-Maxx. I would like to stay with Futaba, Does anyone have a suggestions on what would be a good choice? Just looking for more torque. Thanks
Old 05-03-2005, 07:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Theres alot of possibilities...I personally like Hitec servos along with a Futaba radio for my trucks. Just get a servo thats metal geared and fits your style...or if youre into racing get a digital high-speed/torque servo. Either way youll have unmatched performance compared to the stock Traxxas servo.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I would say Airtronics are pretty reliable and has high torque – the ERG-VB/VX with 13kg of torque and 0.1 sec, but if you’re looking for Futaba the (#S9451) Digital High Torque Servo are pretty good, have them still…they are 8.7kg and 0.1 sec. last but not least the high tech ones, currently have the highest torque, HS-5998TG with 23.4Kg torque and speed of 0.19 sec

so make your pick
Old 05-03-2005, 05:33 PM
Tech Initiate

I use futaba servos on almost all my trucks,for your truck I would recommend the S3305,it's a metal geared high torque servo,it puts out about 124oz/in of torque at about .18-.20sec and it costs about $50,you may also wanna consider the JR650 another great low cost high torque servo.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:00 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks for the help guys, now that I have some ideas I can make a better decision. Sucks to e a newbie..lol
Old 05-07-2005, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

I like the Hitec 5925 digital servo for steering duties - Metal Gears, Ballraced, 10 kg of torque - 0.08 second transit speed @ 6v. And cheap too! Or the 5945 digital servo - exactly the same but geared for more torque, less speed - 13kg of torque and 0.1 transit speed @ 6v.