Wiki Posts
Search

Kinda new to rc monster trucks

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 10:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)
Default Kinda new to rc monster trucks

Hy guys new guy here and looking into getting a new mt for xmas. What would u all suggest? Savage xl, losi xxl, emaxx brushless, or erevo brushless? Savage flux? Im just looking for ideas. I want somethinf thats good and can take a beating.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

savage flux
Old 12-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Tech Adept

I was kinda debating weather i should get a nitro or electric. I am familliar with tuning cause all my friends have them so tuning wouldnt be an issue. But electric? I mean they are pretty quiet and less maintenance but i like the sound of nitro. So its still a debate. The flux is def on the list tho
Old 12-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think there is less to worry about with electric. I love nitros too but when I am tired and just want to run I grab my electrics. Once I get the setup right and know everything is good all I have to do is drive... and my Savage XL has been one of the toughest trucks I have ever owned with a few minor mods. Upgraded shocks are a must in my book and I went with the HPI aluminum big bores. Great shocks all around.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Get the LSt-XXL....run it for a bit, sell the engine/pipe to one of your friends and convert it over. THEN proceed to blow by them at any given time.

True story.....lol.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Rcjunky2002
Hy guys new guy here and looking into getting a new mt for xmas. What would u all suggest? Savage xl, losi xxl, emaxx brushless, or erevo brushless? Savage flux? Im just looking for ideas. I want somethinf thats good and can take a beating.
Nitro is on it's last leg honestly... I'd stick with electric as your first vehicle. As for which one, you're picking all the top trucks, it's really a matter of preference and what you want to do with it... I've owned all of them minus the Flux, but I did just order a flux XS for fun.

My personal favorite, although in the minority, is the EMaxx for it's massive amount of possible hop up variations. The Savage is an amazing vehicle also, I had a built from scratch Savage nitro that was just ridiculous.. I also have a what seemed to be a bullet proof revo and don't see why ppl say they are fragile... I have videos that say otherwise... 30-40 foot drops with bad landings and not a broken part... ever...

So, go with what you want, not with what some kids on here might say about their inability to maintain their vehicles.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah i hear ya in the nitro thing. The sound of a nitro is def something else tho. There aint nothin like it. Electric on the other hand is cool cause u have the power alk the time and no need for engine tuning but nthe thing i wilk have a hard time with if i go electric is waiting for batteries to charge. Thats the only crappy part.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Yosh70
Get the LSt-XXL....run it for a bit, sell the engine/pipe to one of your friends and convert it over. THEN proceed to blow by them at any given time.

True story.....lol.
I am thinkin about the losi xxl real hard. I found one thats like brand new withnonly 3 tanks on it for less then 300.00. Either that or a erevo brushless edition with 4 lipos, 2 nimh packs, 2 chargers one lipos chRger and one nimh dual harger and a spare mmm 2200kv motor thats still in the box. The truck has been run less then 5 times and the guy wants 400.00 for all of it. Or a savage xl been run quite a bit with the 5.9 for 275.00
Old 12-10-2012, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Rule of thumb... If it's too good a deal, there is a reason. Also, buy all nitro assuming they need a new motor.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

I still run both nitro and electric. Electric is nice and quite but charging sucks . Nitro is dirteier . But with nitro the sound the smell the excoriation of it is different. Both are great just depends on where you run. Nitro will never die. There is just something about it .... I still prefer bashing my savage when we go to the gravel pit. Ya a brushless Revo may be faster but when you stop to charge I'll still be blowing smoke and catching air.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Adept

Well i know the guy that has the e revo cause hes my best friend snd thats why id be getting such a deal. He never rode it much and the losi xxl looks brand new. I gues those are the two im stuck in
Old 12-11-2012, 03:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rcjunky2002
Well i know the guy that has the e revo cause hes my best friend snd thats why id be getting such a deal. He never rode it much and the losi xxl looks brand new. I gues those are the two im stuck in
That's good I'd definitely say go with the Revo.. RPM arms and those things become absolute tanks. Like I said though, treat all used Nitro (No matter how well you know the person) as a burned out engine. Lesson from one RC'er to another.. I've been doing this over 20 years now lol.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:58 AM
Tech Champion

Nitro rules. Electrics are toys for girls(yes I'm getting one, but we all have feminine sides..)

Losi XXL..
Old 12-11-2012, 03:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
Nitro is on it's last leg honestly... I'd stick with electric as your first vehicle. As for which one, you're picking all the top trucks, it's really a matter of preference and what you want to do with it... I've owned all of them minus the Flux, but I did just order a flux XS for fun.

My personal favorite, although in the minority, is the EMaxx for it's massive amount of possible hop up variations. The Savage is an amazing vehicle also, I had a built from scratch Savage nitro that was just ridiculous.. I also have a what seemed to be a bullet proof revo and don't see why ppl say they are fragile... I have videos that say otherwise... 30-40 foot drops with bad landings and not a broken part... ever...

So, go with what you want, not with what some kids on here might say about their inability to maintain their vehicles.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:04 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Nitro rules. Electrics are toys for girls(yes I'm getting one, but we all have feminine sides..)

Losi XXL..
LMAO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.