Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Second truck I have had destroyed by degreaser

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 10:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If paintball is big in your area, you could find a gun anodizer. Good ones will be able to give you a quote on stripping the bad off, and anodize it all in whatever color you want. Alternative to that is finding some high quality bare aluminum pieces and having them anodized. Integy parts are well known for being soft aluminum alloy that won't hold up to anything but driving around your living room.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:41 AM
Tech Adept

Dollar store get awesome it comes in a spray bottle that's what i use it works at full strength never had a problem with it even when soaking a truck to remove build up.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You can add one more to your ignore list. I know it sucks and I feel for you, I really do but, Integy is not a quality product and if you cant wrap your head around that then I dont know what to say. Integy.....

quality aluminum products... Unlimited Engineering comes to mind I know they used to make maxx parts and you have an LST. I dont know how to explain it but if you research any of their products well, you can just see the quality difference in these products. Maybe you can take what you learn and apply it to your LST in your quest for quality parts

Sorry if it came off a little strong but if your going to openly flame someone for posting quality information in your thread, trying to help you, then I have no problem telling it like it is. No candy coating on this terd. I wouldnt touch Integy with a 10 foot pole.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The newer Integy forged and 7075 items are not soft. A lot of the "Integy is junk." mantra isn't holding water now.

However! The degreaser leaching color out of the anodizing means they did a color phase and didn't follow it up with a clear sealing phase, or it wasn't thick enough. My guess is they skipped it.

At this point, you're probably best off just disassembling it and having a shop re-anodize everything in the color of your choice. Shouldn't be too expensive, and the anodizing should hold up against harsh chemicals.
Old 06-23-2012, 04:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I have to agree that the biggest issue here was the Integy parts and not the simplegreen. I use simplegreen on all of my stuff at 100% and have only had issues with a few parts that were either Integy or GPM. Never had an issue from my Unlimited Engineering parts or Hardcore Racing parts.

With anodized parts you must be careful with them and any type of cleaner. If the anodize isn't done properly it won't take much for it to turn out the way yours did here. I even have hardcore parts that weren't anodized all that well and have rough spots in them and discoloration.

You have obviously spent a good bit on the truck, this mishap gives you the opportunity to take it to a shop and have your own color scheme on the truck that no one has ever done before. So learn from the mistake that many have made and turn it into something that looks even better than when you started.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

The real lesson here is that aluminum=gay. The plastic is stronger and doesn't do stupid chit like change color. Do you want a driver or a something that sits in a display case? Something that gets used should never have all that aluminum garbage on it. And yes, if it is Integy its extra chitty and gay. Integy sucks balls. Get some RPM plastic and don't look back. If its ahelf queen don't find yourself driving it and getting it dirty.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cody01
The real lesson here is that aluminum=gay. The plastic is stronger and doesn't do stupid chit like change color. Do you want a driver or a something that sits in a display case? Something that gets used should never have all that aluminum garbage on it. And yes, if it is Integy its extra chitty and gay. Integy sucks balls. Get some RPM plastic and don't look back. If its ahelf queen don't find yourself driving it and getting it dirty.
Just quoting this so the mods see it.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snipersnightmar
Dollar store get awesome it comes in a spray bottle that's what i use it works at full strength never had a problem with it even when soaking a truck to remove build up.
LOL, that is what I use so you better be careful!

I can't make the missing blue come back, but I've kind of buffed out the rough lines to make it tolerable. This should do for now.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:55 PM
Tech Adept

Man I use that stuff all the time and love it spray in on let it sit and blow it off with air... NEVER had a problem I have to wonder if it is the Integy power coating processes they use. I use it on my revo chassis the blue is still there. Idk tho it sucks what happen to your truck tho. I'd say pull off all the parts and polish it all up seems as if you like blue but polished parts look great to.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WindDrake
Why dont you quote this for me, (to the OP so he can see it) since you like quoting things for people "MR. suck butt quote for mods to see quoter"..

OP, Good! I don't want you to learn anything I might have to type, you obviously did not learn the first time
Old 06-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

i have a t-maxx 3.3 with blue integy aluminum and have not had any issues. i take it to the track and jump it and drive the crap out of it! i have rpm everywhere i can, then im using blue aluminum integy bellcrank, chasis braces, gearboxes, battery and reciever box, bulkheads, servo guard. then im using rd logics blue aluminum for my fuel tank, bumper mounts, tranny housing. then i have traxxas blue aluminum shock caps, both servo mounts. i also have a blue aluminum roll cage. you just really want to have plastic like rpm for your arms, maybe shock towers.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Some of you need to change your tone. You can help and inform without all the attitude. If not, then don't post.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WindDrake

Bravo, got me an infraction for having my own opinion. I guess freedom of speech doesn't apply when people get offended. I feel sorry for anyone who has to deal with you on daily basis, they probably have really watch what they do around you.

racer1812, not looking for trouble here but what is line between reedom of speech and an infraction just because someone didn't like a post? I've been a member here for awhile never really had issues like this but I guess can't please them all.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

Freedom of speech does not apply to a privately owned forum. That being said for the op look on craigslist for people to powder coat ur parts for you.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

your first problem is all that integy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.