Wiki Posts
Search

nitro fuel

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cdewalt1985
I always ran byrons in my nitro boats. Seemed to be a good fuel.
yea i believe byrons is one of the best out there
Old 05-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Byron's is one of two companies who actually make their own fuels in the opinion of most racers it is the best there is. The consistency in their fuel one gallon to another is why I have always used it. I use the gen 2 prodriver 25% nitro 9% oil.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

yea i hear a lot of good things about byrons! i use 20% nitro and i believe 12% oil. i thought about using 25 or 30% but i also hear its harder on your engine and you get higher temps, which i definatley dont need.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ckblood05
yea i hear a lot of good things about byrons! i use 20% nitro and i believe 12% oil. i thought about using 25 or 30% but i also hear its harder on your engine and you get higher temps, which i definatley dont need.
running higher nitro will lower your temps because you can run the motor richer with the higher nitro but if you may have to add a head shim if you go from 20-30.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by The Pope NJ
running higher nitro will lower your temps because you can run the motor richer with the higher nitro but if you may have to add a head shim if you go from 20-30.
oh well then yea that will help if i richen it some. i though about trying from 20-25%? after this quart of 20% i got is gone.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

I like the 25% run it in everything. If you are just bashing use the normal blend not the pro driver as the pro diver have very little oil in it and unless you are always running a perfect tune you will do damage to tr motor.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

I like the 25% run it in everything. If you are just bashing use the normal blend not the pro driver as the pro diver have very little oil in it and unless you are always running a perfect tune you will do damage to tr motor.
yea im just a basher, not racer. yea i thought 10% oil content in the quart i bought was kinda low, but all the others were 16-18% oil content.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ckblood05
yea thats what came with my t maxx when i got it on a trade was a quart of 20% traxxas. i used it up to break the engine in. but i keep hearing everyone talking down on traxxas fuel i mean its supposed to be made specifically for traxxas engines
They talk down on it because it's crap fuel..

You heard about trax-ass saying that their fuel is made/formulated for the engines they make? You bought into that gimmick? Grrrreat marketing departments!!!

Some of the best fuel you can buy is OD's Speed blend and Werks. You don't have to race to use it.

OH YEAH, who said that it's not a good idea to switch fuels? A hobby shop that only sells a particular brand or brands? NICE.......
Old 05-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by got_nitro

You heard about trax-ass saying that their fuel is made/formulated for the engines they make? You bought into that gimmick? Grrrreat marketing departments!!!

Some of the best fuel you can buy is OD's Speed blend and Werks. You don't have to race to use it.

OH YEAH, who said that it's not a good idea to switch fuels? A hobby shop that only sells a particular brand or brands? NICE.......
yea im sure it is mostly marketing. i didnt experience any problems when i ran the quart of traxxas when i got my truck. but im pretty happy with the byrons 20% yea i believe the hobby town i go to sells o'donnels fuel.

oh yea, traxxas now has there own magazine out,lol. i saw it at krogers a few days ago and at hobby town. its $7.99 a issue, and says summer 2012. of course i picked a copy up. well its really by car action i think because there logo is on the top left corner.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

Don't go above 14% oil it isn't good for the motors.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

Don't go above 14% oil it isn't good for the motors.
yea when i use the byrons its 12% oil.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by got_nitro

Actually I recomend staying clear of Speed blend if you run any engine with a decent amount of power...its oil is too thin and the engines are prone to losing the seal in the crankcase and sucking dirt thru the front bearing........ We have had dozens of customers have to switch off Speed blend because oif this......OD makes cheap fuel....very poor lubricants..

Werks is however top notch, night and day better then Speed Blend...... much stronger ability to seal the crankcase,
Old 05-07-2012, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

yea my hobby town dont sell werks i dont believe. im just going to stick with byron's 20% 12% oil after this quart is gone.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
Actually I recomend staying clear of Speed blend if you run any engine with a decent amount of power...its oil is too thin and the engines are prone to losing the seal in the crankcase and sucking dirt thru the front bearing........ We have had dozens of customers have to switch off Speed blend because oif this......OD makes cheap fuel....very poor lubricants..

Werks is however top notch, night and day better then Speed Blend...... much stronger ability to seal the crankcase,
I run both in 2 different OS. Speed's. I think that qualifies for decent amounts of power. Just so happens I had to replace the front bearing in the engine with the most Werks ran through it That was at 4 gallons. My other Speed running speed blend is still going strong on 6 gallons.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Lots of interesting info here. I've been running odonells works and or speed blend ,depending on what the LHS has at the time. Both have been great. Easy to tune and not as much drippy drip out the exhaust. I'm sure its because of the oil quality or content ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.