my new savage xl :-)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

my new savage xl :-)

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Adept

Yea I when over board and bought every part I *might* ned to fix it in the end the dang chevy cost me 20$ to fix high pressure line came lose and the o ring was shot.... btw the body looks good I do like the other one to tho
Old 02-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mckeown
That body is sweet. What did you use when you masked it before paint?
Those are just stickers buddy. Thanks tho. I have a purple one too of the same body..
Old 02-29-2012, 09:21 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by snipersnightmar
Yea I when over board and bought every part I *might* ned to fix it in the end the dang chevy cost me 20$ to fix high pressure line came lose and the o ring was shot.... btw the body looks good I do like the other one to tho
Well I better see you Sunday damn it lol. I need some awesome of my pics of my xl doing some back flips and stuff like that
Old 03-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Hey guys!

Well I pulled the k5.9 and put it up for sale. I'm just updating this thread letting you guys know that my xl will be clocked with a novarossi 28 7rt early next month
Old 07-06-2012, 02:40 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Hey guys,
So an update on my xl, my 5.9 is having major issues and I can't stand that darn engine so I ordered a lrp 32 for it

I just placed to order for it tonight and it should be here on the 13, one question for you guys. I want proline Badlands bad but don't know where or how to find traxxas style beads?? Anyone know where I could find a good set of rims that isn't to small?? Thanks all..
Old 07-06-2012, 04:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doug e fresh
Hey guys,
So an update on my xl, my 5.9 is having major issues and I can't stand that darn engine so I ordered a lrp 32 for it

I just placed to order for it tonight and it should be here on the 13, one question for you guys. I want proline Badlands bad but don't know where or how to find traxxas style beads?? Anyone know where I could find a good set of rims that isn't to small?? Thanks all..
Whats wrong with your 5.9? I have one and its an awsome motor! Check Tower hobbies or maybe your LHS can order some for you. Proline Desperado's are probably your best bet for wheels

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...8-00&search=Go

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...3-01&search=Go

BTW I've had some servo issues as well, that SF-10 seems to be a week link for some reason? Just put a Futaba 3003 in its place
Old 07-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Tech Addict

I have a futaba servo in mine as well. My 5.9 when I'm running it off the ground runs fine, but when I put it on the ground and drive it, it will run until it hits second and then flame out and when it does it back fires real bad like it has one hell of an air leak..
Old 07-13-2012, 07:01 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Hey guys,
So another update and a new power plant for my xl :-) I got very tired of the CRAPPY 5.9 and took it upon myself to by a lrp 32.

Well today Christmas came early this year because my engine came in the mail, I will say this I can't wait to get everything installed on this engine so I can see how much power it has..

Here are a few pics...

Well there it is. Ill let you guys know how it goes..
Old 07-13-2012, 08:46 PM
Tech Regular

I have a futaba servo in mine as well. My 5.9 when I'm running it off the ground runs fine, but when I put it on the ground and drive it, it will run until it hits second and then flame out and when it does it back fires real bad like it has one hell of an air leak..
It probably did have a bad air leak, when sealed my 5.9 runs great and sealing it isn't that hard or costly.
I'm on gallon 13 now.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

nice!! good luck with the new motor
Old 07-16-2012, 01:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sweet looking motor! Ive heard a lot of good things about them.

I have a Savage X and someone told me that wouldnt be a good motor for me because it has too much torque, Ive seen a few people with them in theirs tho
Old 07-17-2012, 03:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

I think alot of guys get too caught up in the hype on the web about how the 5.9 sucks and they start believing it, especially when they begin having problems due to air leaks and not tuning properly.

With a properly sealed and tuned 5.9, you can have an awesome engine. I've had nothing but good luck with 3 of them. I guess what I'm driving at is take the time to seal that 5.9 and learn how to tune it by learning your engine and not listening to everyone else's opinion of it.

I also have that ZR.32 and you'll find it's a great engine. Lot's of power, REALLY easy to tune as well. I jump back and forth between my XL with the 5.9 and the other one with the ZR.32.
Old 07-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Tech Addict

I sealed the engine and let it set for 24 hours I also took it apart and cleaned it before sealing the engine up.. The engine is just junk and it has nothing to due with me not knowing how to tune.. If I can get a picco and a 3.3 tuned just right i think I can tune a crappy 5.9.. I'm clad I bought this 32 and threw that poopy 5.9 in the trash...
Old 07-18-2012, 04:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

I sealed the engine and let it set for 24 hours I also took it apart and cleaned it before sealing the engine up.. The engine is just junk and it has nothing to due with me not knowing how to tune.. If I can get a picco and a 3.3 tuned just right i think I can tune a crappy 5.9.. I'm clad I bought this 32 and threw that poopy 5.9 in the trash...
If you didn't seal that 5.9 right off the bat, you probably killed it running it too lean. Air leaks, coupled with the shatty tank design will cause the downfall of most 5.9s. Again, there are plenty of people that are running 5.9s with excellent results. It's a decent RTR engine for people who take the time to do things right.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:38 AM
Tech Master

Bleh, even running great its a POS. The damn thing has no rpms, its a complete Joke. The F4.6 takes the 2 speed to higher speeds. Check it out, stock gearing on a 5.9 XL with a 3spd will get you 40mph on a good day, the X with a F4.6 does 45 to 48mph all day long with a 2spd, and get there much faster with better gearing. Even the people who think they run great dont get wheelies after long, the grunt it does come with fades quick. So quickly fading bottom end, even when geared down to 52/16, and geared so low with such low rev capabilities makes it an all around PIG. It doesnt do anything well. Just because it runs dont make it decent at all. The ZR32 is a step up from the ZR30 Spec II, not the ZR30X, its got more bottom end then a ZR30 SP2 but less top end rpms at the same time. The ZR30X is the evolution of the LRP Z28R "8" port that gets such high reguards, the ZR30 SP2 & ZR32 both are not, and are not as fast in the top end. 13 gallons on a 5.9 doesnt mean it shouldnt of been buried long ago, waisted a bunch of nitro IMO, could of spent half that on Nitro, and bought a decent engine that doesnt piss through fuel with yawn worthy performance. On top of that you could.of sold that 5.9 long ago and recouped the cost of the actually good.engine.

The peoplewho dont like the 5.9 are usually people unimpressed with it and wanting more, if your satisfied with simply an engine that runs and will drive your truck off ramps, all of them will pretty much do that so the 5.9 is as good as any other, if your that easy to please its okay, but dont be surprised if others are not satisfied and want more, much more the a 5.9 is capable of, without the BS that comes along with it such as a completly useless MSN that without custom treatment is a sorce of major problems, heck the carb on it all together falls apart and is as usefull as a cock flavored lolly pop.

Last edited by Rac3rX; 07-18-2012 at 07:04 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.