Community
Wiki Posts
Search

t maxx problems/issues!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 03:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yeah, I remember telling you this would happen a loooooong time ago but NOOOOOO, you had to have a blue servo......

I got a question for you, you got all that money tied up in that thing, all that blue, all that sparkly bling bling, all that anodized aluminum ETC, ETC..

Are you ever going to drive that thing like it was ment to be driven?

Off road
Dirt
Big air

Any of that or is this thing going to sit on a bench somewhere in the garage for the "once in a while start up", run down a flat street and back in the garage?
Old 02-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SloRacer1080
Your servo is probably fine actually. When you have all the gears off, you'll notice there is a brass piece that keys into the main output gear (the one with the splines for a servo arm). That part lets the servo know where the output gear is, like 0*, 30*, 60* (out of 360*) etc.... So if you go back and try it again, turn that piece of brass, you'll notice the motor will stop when you have the brass piece centered, that is how the servo motor knows its centered, and it stops turning. If I was at home I'd take a pic, but I think you can understand what I mean.
ok that makes sense. i bet when them teeth broke on that one white gear, it messed up the centering for that brass gear. well, too bad i broke the circuit board and broke the motor off,lol im just going to get another 2075 or if i can get the money im going with that savox i listed above. thanks for the info though.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by got_nitro

Yeah, I remember telling you this would happen a loooooong time ago but NOOOOOO, you had to have a blue servo......

I got a question for you, you got all that money tied up in that thing, all that blue, all that sparkly bling bling, all that anodized aluminum ETC, ETC..

Are you ever going to drive that thing like it was ment to be driven?

Off road
Dirt
Big air

Any of that or is this thing going to sit on a bench somewhere in the garage for the "once in a while start up", run down a flat street and back in the garage?
well i used them servo's before and had no problems. i guess maybe because it was like 38 outside and turning them big wheels it stripped? i do drive it in dirt, water, track etc.... right now im just trying to get everything worked out. i mean when im at home yea i just drive in the yard and the street. i have one of them jumps you can buy out of tower hobbies i use at the house. but at my track i jump it. just haven't got to all that yet because every time i take it out, something happens im totally against shelf queens! to put alllll that money in something then let it set noooo way! i feel the same way when people build up a 1:1 car/truck and trailer it around. get out and drive it!