Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
E-Revo Problem....? >

E-Revo Problem....?

E-Revo Problem....?

Old 09-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 108 (99%+)
Unhappy E-Revo Problem....?

OK I will do my best to discirbe my problem and keep bad spelling down. BUt anyways....

I just replaced my brushless motor and I was out testing it and it wasn't giving me wheelie speed....like the slipper clutch is loose. I get the speed when I pull the throttle down really slowly but if I was to try to pop a wheelie it would like slip and sound funny. My slipper pads are fine I have checked it they are still there. so i am, thinking my center diff went? or my whole transmission is gone? I can take a video if need be to really pin point the problem. Also I checked to see if my slipper nut was getting loose and when I touched it it was really hot enough to burn the tip of my finger.

Running an E-Revo Brushed version upgraded to brushless did not add the diff kit and also using an HPI Flux (MMv3?) ESC. thanks for the help on this matter
Old 09-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

i guess i rip out my e-revo trans and take apart to see if it has damaged teeth on the gears.....do plan on getting a center diff kit from my LHS tomorrow afternoon. well tonight will be my tear down night
Old 09-08-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

took apart the trans nothing seem wrong. but tons of rust though might have to buy a few things from LHS......
Old 09-08-2011, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Check your wheel hubs. If you hold it still and look at the wheel shafts, one might be moving, indicating a bad hub.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Revo-lution
Check your wheel hubs. If you hold it still and look at the wheel shafts, one might be moving, indicating a bad hub.
i don't think so but please explain it so i have a better understanding on what to look for.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

What batteries are you running? Your slipper sounds like it might be a bit on the loose side. Lastly check for any binding in the drive train.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mkiiina
What batteries are you running? Your slipper sounds like it might be a bit on the loose side. Lastly check for any binding in the drive train.
x2 Dynamite 5300MaH 2s lipos

there was no binding in the driver train without motor it was free as a bird. and i had my slipper set to factory defaults when i changed the slipper pads.

edit:
these are the parts i am getting tomorrow afternoon

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXVDU5&P=Z (this part is for the center not front and rear?)

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXZUH8&P=Z
Old 09-09-2011, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

parts back ordered well get them sooner or later. BUt it was a loose slipper nut
Old 09-09-2011, 02:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Your slipper clutch is slipping. If the slipper nut is that hot, thats the problem. Tighten the nut down all the way and go drive it. I bet you will have your wheelies back.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cummins Driver
Your slipper clutch is slipping. If the slipper nut is that hot, thats the problem. Tighten the nut down all the way and go drive it. I bet you will have your wheelies back.
i just did that works now but now either the center or something makes a clicking noise. Can someone recommend me some grease to grease my gears in the center I noticed one gear was rusted will have to replace it also. I am going to fill it with some grease i have from a kit I built but would like something better.

but thanks for all the help I should post pictures of my ride (E-Revo Project Red)
Old 09-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Pinions!!! argh!!! had to do this for my other motor i had just to keep the pinion from slipping. LOCKTITE ON GRUB SCREW!! brakes need to be toned down to like 30% stock is way to flippy lol