Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what tmaxx gearing for big block??

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 02:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default what tmaxx gearing for big block??

ok so im getting a tmaxx classic.. but has a Dynamite Mach .28 Big Red Nitro Engine in it..

now i know the tmaxx 3.3 is 1.06hp (as specs say) and the website for the big red says 3.4hp.... soooo no need to stay stock gearing..
the maxx needs a spur gear as it is stripped out. I will be receiving it with minimal time before going to vacation to the outter banks.... so want to get a few parts before that time so i can minimize getting it running and take for fun....

what would you recommend for spur gear (and bell if you think both)....

thanks
Old 08-03-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RootBreaker
ok so im getting a tmaxx classic.. but has a Dynamite Mach .28 Big Red Nitro Engine in it..

now i know the tmaxx 3.3 is 1.06hp (as specs say) and the website for the big red says 3.4hp.... soooo no need to stay stock gearing..
the maxx needs a spur gear as it is stripped out. I will be receiving it with minimal time before going to vacation to the outter banks.... so want to get a few parts before that time so i can minimize getting it running and take for fun....

what would you recommend for spur gear (and bell if you think both)....

thanks
I'll be following this since I have an LRP Z.28R going into my 4908. I picked up a 20T CB and 36T spur. I hope I can keep the front of it on the ground.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Just_Visiting
I'll be following this since I have an LRP Z.28R going into my 4908. I picked up a 20T CB and 36T spur. I hope I can keep the front of it on the ground.

i talked to the local guy and he said he put a big red in a tmaxx and said it was nice.. however he said there is only 2 spur gears available... 70 and 72... for clutchbell he said he needs to see it to make sure the motor can be adjusted so tehy are not too tight....

so more to come once i get it...