erevo sold out?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

erevo sold out?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

I would like to see Got_Nitro post something without a browser that has built in spell checker.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sstroudwku
I just dont see NCO training in your behavior.
SS E-6.

I'm not going to sit here and debate my personal reasons why I'm not in love with trax or my military experience for that matter, It's not something I like to re-call..

This thread de-railed with one saying something to the matter of where these things are sold at now. That does not sit well with me and I'm sure many others. My reasons why are posted through out this thread. It is what it is though. I can't change the world but I can voice my opinion and I'm sure it's shared.

Good day.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by got_nitro
SS E-6.

I'm not going to sit here and debate my personal reasons why I'm not in love with trax or my military experience for that matter, It's not something I like to re-call..

This thread de-railed with one saying something to the matter of where these things are sold at now. That does not sit well with me and I'm sure many others. My reasons why are posted through out this thread. It is what it is though. I can't change the world but I can voice my opinion and I'm sure it's shared.

Good day.
Hey got nitro. Usually you seen kinda like a dick,pardon my French. But your making a lot of since right now and I give you respect.

I know where your common from in what you are saying. Now if everyone can just understand
Old 06-29-2011, 12:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sstroudwku
Well then show a little respect seeing it was probably me patching up your wounds. Army Combat Medic, thanks. Most Marines and Ex-Marines were instilled with a thing called respect, I guess you were at sick call that day. It's funny though you rip on the Navy... When you're a entity of them. From the attitude I would be safe in saying you left before obtaining anything above LC... I just dont see NCO training in your behavior.

Your argument has no merit for why you dislike Traxxas, you say it's gargbage but you only say this based upon it being built over seas or sold in big box stores. So upon that basis nearly everything for sale in America is junk. You just seem angry at the world. Have you even owned a current Traxxas model? Most tracks carry specific Stock and Mod classes for the Slash, Traxxas typically wins one of the R/C CoTY titles each model year. So please use some technical specifics on why they are garbage other than, "they are plastic"... Which is not for cheapness but durability... CF is incredibly strong but shatters like FG. Aluminum is heavier and again limited flexibilty. There are some composite materials, but again they dont stand up to bashing. Am I saying use a stock slash and go run against the SC10's in a ROAR event, no. But jeez dude, please tell us why you actually hate Traxxas, what has the brand done to you as an individual that was so detrimental to your existance that you now hate them as much as you do. Do you hate Wal-Mart, Meijer, Target"well we can all hate Target for their anti-military company policies", Lowes, Home Depot, ect ect? Using the big box store defense is just cheesy. A lot of towns have these stores but do not have a LHS. We just got a LHS less than a year ago here. The closest one was nearly 100miles away. So the options were drive the 100miles or order online, which would defeat your local business support defense.

I have nothing against you personally, especially if you were a fellow defender of our freedoms. But there is no reason to be so angry over a hobby, there is definately no reason in life to carry that much around. Grab some batteries, go to a track and have a blast. Enjoy the hobby for what it was intended for. FUN, dont bash others for their choice in brand. What's the point in that? There is a line between useful retail advice, and just being bias and mean. I will apologize for directly attacking you, it was uncalled for. I'm man enough to step up and say that. I love a good debate, with an educated, well spoken, tactful opposition. Have a good night.

I'm still baffled by the newly bought friend comment, what in the world did you mean by that?
I just wanted to say well spoken. Not only did got nitro earn my respect for what he is saying and believes in,but you yourself have gotten my respect in handling this situation with maturity.

I just want to say thanks to you and got nitro for your duty for our country. If it wasn't for guys like you too who knows where we would be at. So thanks.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Brushless E-Revos back in stock

Brushless E-revos are back in stock!
Old 07-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

I'm not lover of traxxas or anything, but like it or not, I would go as far to say that they probably bring in 50% of the people in this hobby. I will also say I highly doubt very many cars are sold at Toys R Us. Really? Why would some parent buy their kid a $300 remote control car when they see a $100 one sitting right there that probably looks cooler, especially in this economy. They can't tell the difference, and a Jeep is what they will buy, not a Traxxas car. The people who buy their car there will either eventually lose interest or thow it out, or find a LHS to learn more, because the hobby is so addicting. Toys R Us doesn't even sell parts for them....

Last time I checked Traxxas Customer Service was still top notch...

And as you were so naive to notice, the Rustler isn't even sold in stores, just online. I'm sure if anyone stumbled upon it and was actually interested in it, they would google it and find it for much less at a Hobby shop.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

From what I've gathered, You can't actually go to a brick and mortar store like toys r us/sears etc etc and buy a rustler,savage etc etc. They do a kind of amazon thing with them. I've owned plenty of different brands and traxxas are no weaker or stronger then any other brand imop. I don't care-if you hit something like a curb,car tire etc etc going 40mph it doesn't matter what label your RC has on it-it's gonna break-simple as that.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by got_nitro
Now you want to make it personal do you?

You type like a Navy Boy. I myself have a military background, (SEMPER FI) with college as well. Don't pull that card with me. Maybe with that time out, you can take your newly bought friend with you. Get back in line son, your petty wanna be rips don't phase anyone.

Ditto, sea weed.
I'm a Marine and the way you are posting and your constant insults you are giving every Marine a bad name , I actually feel insulted reading your crap.

What unit did you serve with? what year? what was your MOS?

doesnt matter you have 7 days off.
Old 07-05-2011, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

wow 3 pages of in fighting and no real answers. yikes. The price of the magnet materials in the motors (all of them not just castle) has gone through the roof. I would have to assume that they are letting the retail market flatten right out so that when they are finally back in stock the consumer wont notice the $100 price increase on an already expensive truck as they will just be happy to get their hands on one again.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Monteman
wow 3 pages of in fighting and no real answers. yikes. The price of the magnet materials in the motors (all of them not just castle) has gone through the roof. I would have to assume that they are letting the retail market flatten right out so that when they are finally back in stock the consumer wont notice the $100 price increase on an already expensive truck as they will just be happy to get their hands on one again.
yeah, there's a big thread over at rc-monster about this. it looks to me like tower might be using their early holiday prices in July to even things out. if i'm not mistaken, i thought they ran about $649 in the summer and $729 near Christmas.