LST, REVO, or CEN genesis?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LST, REVO, or CEN genesis?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 08:09 AM
Tech Rookie

since you want to be so technical, it was only the motor mount screws... you make it sound like the whole thing was falling apart...
Old 10-13-2004, 11:00 AM
Tech Regular

can i replace the stock radio on the CEN Geneisis with my Jr XS3 so i don't have any problems with it?? Thanks,
Mike
Old 10-13-2004, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

yes just make sure you plug everything in the right places or ur gona fry something

black wire always out
Old 10-13-2004, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

TNX looks real good to me. It's only has a .18 engine but it looks to be durable and it's light.

If I had the money to blow I would go with the Genesis though. Only because I strictly bash and a big#ss truck would look sweet coming down the road running over my T-Maxx. LOL
Old 10-14-2004, 01:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by Quinton
TNX looks real good to me. It's only has a .18 engine but it looks to be durable and it's light.

If I had the money to blow I would go with the Genesis though. Only because I strictly bash and a big#ss truck would look sweet coming down the road running over my T-Maxx. LOL
see... you have the same train of thought that i do... all i want to have is a cool truck that is fast as hell... i dont care about parts availability... and i do have the extra money... i just sold my car...
Old 10-14-2004, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

if you want a truck that is fast as heck than I wouldn't get the Genesis from what the stats say. The TNX is the fast truck on the block these days.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

how much faster is the tnx, it isn't as big as the genensis

Mike
Old 10-14-2004, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

I'm not sure but check out some of the vids around. It takes off and blows away the Maxx's and Savage's I've seen them run with.
One of the older slapmafro vids has one on it, and there are others.

I have yet to see a good vid of a Genesis in action.
Old 10-17-2004, 12:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have had the LST and Revo and I must say that I sold my LST. I am now racing my Revo only.

LST is big and fast and looks kewl with the shocks but the Revo is a much better racer. I can run way faster lap times with the small block Revo than my LST with the RB WS7II in it.

I tried the LST first and thought it was all that but once I drove a Revo the love affair with the LST was over quick. Took me 3 days to get a Revo after I drove one.

LST has engine probs - shavings, Diffs - breaking, cvds - breaking, axles - breaking, arms - not properly molded, spur gears + cb's - getting all chewed up

I broke 2 tranny shafts on mine too

I havent had any probs with my Revo so far. I guess I am lucky
Old 10-17-2004, 11:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i work at a hobby shop the the only thing revos have been coming back with is the rod ends brecking and the glow drivers in the ez-starts going out. and one jackass that did blow out both diffs in 48 hrs the outdrive on the diff cup was melted dont know what he was doing with the truck
the lst the .26 can be a pain in the butt other then that the trucks have been great only bad crashs have brought them back for parts
the cen dont know cant get the truck or parts i was not impressed with it at the hobby show this week
Old 10-17-2004, 11:16 PM
Tech Regular

Also another option you have is the hot bodies MT.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by threeEwes
Also another option you have is the hot bodies MT.
If you race, that is THE truck to have. At the pro series race in Canby OR a Hot Bodies MT had 4 laps on second place in a 20 minute A main!
Old 10-18-2004, 01:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO in the end what does it boil down too between the 3????? You want big and bad that has to be genesis. You want awesome all around performance has to Revo you want some size and some racing get LST.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

also take into consideration how easy it is to get parts, traxxas has always been easiest to get parts for, then losi and the LHS i work for refuses to carry CEN because it takes an act of god to get parts from them
Old 10-19-2004, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

I had a chance to watch a local race recently that had 1 set of qualifying rounds, 2 heats and 1 a, and 1 b main of about 20 MTs. Basically every major brand was represented.
All the trucks look good in the pits. When it came to track time the hot bodies MT (there was at least 3-4 of them) blew away everything else in the field. At every point when any other truck was parrellel to the hotbodies, the HB pulled away with ease.
The best buy for the $$$ is the hot bodies.
The Hotbodies handled better than the LST, and i thought the LST was a very well designed truck. The CEN is garbage.
The Associated BFT did quite well. No major breakdowns but the HB / MT blew it away.
The traxxas revo was rather disappointing. It seemed much smaller in girth compared to the others; The revo was way underpowered compared to any of the others company mts. In handling I wasnt impressed with it at all. I dont care how available traxxas parts are, the revo is whack. I'd rather run the mammoth vs the revo...and I know the mammoth would dust the revo's britches and I can get mammoth parts from any hobbypeople.
I would say before you select a truck I guess you need to decide what you are going to do with your truck. Bash or race?

for bashing: Get whatever is best for the price RTR

For Racing- There is only one- The Hot Bodies MT.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.