Community
Wiki Posts
Search

tmaxx keeps burning plug every time i shut it off

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 04:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Default tmaxx keeps burning plug every time i shut it off

wuts up guys just got my tmaxx out and stated tuning and for some reason i keep burning plug at the moment the high speed needle is 4 turns out so its factory and the idle screw i have set properly i think idk plzz help me
Old 04-24-2011, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I had one that did the same thing because the rod had gone bad. It allowed the piston to come up too far and that would damage the element.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

If your breaking in your truck this is normal... Sometimes you get lucky and your plugs wont go out so quick, but usually when your running your engine rich on fuel like your suppose to when breaking it in. Your plugs go out quickly. You might run 3 of 4 tanks and then BAM you need a new plug. Once its all broken in and you get your tuning just right, your plugs will last a long time. ALSO, have you looked at your plugs? are they black? Brittle? Broken off?? But if you are breaking in your truck dont get worried this is normal.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

When it happened to me the plug element looked mashed in.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

First thing we need to know, is it a new engine? What kind and color is the plug when you take it out? What kind (make) of and % fuel you are using?
Old 04-28-2011, 04:09 PM
Tech Rookie

The motor is a tmaxx 2.5 its broken in but this is the thing i went on vacation last week came back. And my lil cousin messed with all the needles i got it all to factory settings hsn and idle but i forgot to tune the lsn but any way i have to stay on the throttle or else it will die and then the plug burns out the bottom of the plug looks like wat it looked like brand new im using 20% nitro plzz help
Old 04-28-2011, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

I've seen this happen a whole bunch of times working in a hobby shop. There is something in the motor floating around. (very, very small)

Take the engine out and take it all the way part and clean everything with brake cleaner spray, then put it back together with a new plug and problem cured.