Wiki Posts
Search

pics of my losi xxl!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doug e fresh
Hi guys. What do you guys think?? Yea yea I know a wing on a mt. What?? I'm more focused on making it a racer because that is what I'm going to do with it now.

Here where I live we have a pretty big mt glass full of lst2 and revos. What do you guys think of the o.s .30vg?? Because that's what I'm thinking about getting for a motor..
If you want a wing run the wing, personally I think they look good on M/T's. Anyone that races knows that tires and "wheel time" wins races. Not a engine that might make a little more power. You want a .30VG, put a .30VG in it. Once you put a tune on a VG, it holds it very well! Smooth power band and when you need it the power will be there. Even if other engines make more power (take only the Picco for example), if you cant drive it and you don't hook up you are not going to win anyway.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by got_nitro
If you want a wing run the wing, personally I think they look good on M/T's. Anyone that races knows that tires and "wheel time" wins races. Not a engine that might make a little more power. You want a .30VG, put a .30VG in it. Once you put a tune on a VG, it holds it very well! Smooth power band and when you need it the power will be there. Even if other engines make more power (take only the Picco for example), if you cant drive it and you don't hook up you are not going to win anyway.
If he is racing, he at least wants an UPGRADE in power(or at least as much power) from the 454, not a downgrade.

Seriously give it a rest on the VG. Its a very mild/tame mill. Most .21's have more power and a better powerband to boot. If your going to try and promote OS, then at least do so with one of their more reputable grinds. The VG is not one of them.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

wow i guess i have been gone a while.. looks good doug.. i personally like the wing, but if u took that wing off that thing would look sick man..
Old 06-15-2011, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Your truck looks great Doug! ntrain made the best suggestions for motors IMO. I opted for the Picco when I was torn between those two options and I'm sure I was just as happy with my Picco as ntrain is with his LRP. Two awesome ass motors that WILL put a 30VG to shame.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

Thanks guys for all the positive posts and replys on the motor suggestions. I personally love the way it looks with the wing on it also gives me a better way to carry my truck .

To ntrain.. I plain on buying either some whit rpm a arms or the blue ones ASAP . As far as motors I'm kinda skeptic on the picco. The motor that was on my rusty was a flaming piece of giant poo. So that being said that motor kinda put a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks guys for all the positive posts and replys on the motor suggestions. I personally love the way it looks with the wing on it also gives me a better way to carry my truck .

To ntrain.. I plain on buying either some whit rpm a arms or the blue ones ASAP . As far as motors I'm kinda skeptic on the picco. The motor that was on my rusty was a flaming piece of giant poo. So that being said that motor kinda put a bad taste in my mouth.
Well we have been testing and running the modded Nova 28-7 RT..... WICKED !

here is day 1, tank 4..breakin settings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlEcv...el_video_title

And here is the same ngine, 2 gallons later on the same dam needle settings and original plug.... Clutch damaged and brakes hanging, but engine still honks

http://s705.photobucket.com/albums/w...7-47-01_37.mp4

http://s705.photobucket.com/albums/w...-48-37_629.mp4

http://s705.photobucket.com/albums/w...-45-26_615.mp4

http://s705.photobucket.com/albums/w...-48-13_470.mp4

As crazy as it sounds but this engine still has not been fully tuned...it still is running a breakin shim and the needles have not been touched since the first day..... We were pounding on the engine and it ran like a champ...come in from a high speed pass running hot and the engine idles right down instantly..... We are running this on a ERCM side bleed pipe and the combo is killer

This is not a cheap engine/pipe combo...but it is simply amazing and IMHO worth every penny.....
Old 06-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Maximo
Well we have been testing and running the modded Nova 28-7 RT..... WICKED !

here is day 1, tank 4..breakin settings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlEcv...el_video_title

And here is the same ngine, 2 gallons later on the same dam needle settings and original plug.... Clutch damaged and brakes hanging, but engine still honks

http://s705.photobucket.com/albums/w...7-47-01_37.mp4

http://s705.photobucket.com/albums/w...-48-37_629.mp4

http://s705.photobucket.com/albums/w...-45-26_615.mp4

http://s705.photobucket.com/albums/w...-48-13_470.mp4

As crazy as it sounds but this engine still has not been fully tuned...it still is running a breakin shim and the needles have not been touched since the first day..... We were pounding on the engine and it ran like a champ...come in from a high speed pass running hot and the engine idles right down instantly..... We are running this on a ERCM side bleed pipe and the combo is killer

This is not a cheap engine/pipe combo...but it is simply amazing and IMHO worth every penny.....
Believe it or not maximo. The novi was my first motor choice for this truck. But mine was the novi 7port .28tt and after seeing there smaller counter part running at our track I'm conveced that thoes things have power..
Old 06-15-2011, 01:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Believe it or not maximo. The novi was my first motor choice for this truck. But mine was the novi 7port .28tt and after seeing there smaller counter part running at our track I'm conveced that thoes things have power..

this one is the 28-7 RT...it is a 7 port rotostart engine.......I remember you talking about this engine.....
Old 06-15-2011, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 10 Gauge
Your truck looks great Doug! ntrain made the best suggestions for motors IMO. I opted for the Picco when I was torn between those two options and I'm sure I was just as happy with my Picco as ntrain is with his LRP. Two awesome ass motors that WILL put a 30VG to shame.
LOL! I have both a pair of LRP .30x's and the Picco .28's. Both do a good job, though I prefer the .30x's slightly. Both good mills.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

White rpm a-arms? They make em? Thought only blue or black?
Old 06-15-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ntrain42
White rpm a-arms? They make em? Thought only blue or black?
Nope. They make them in white as well and that's what I'm buying is the white rpm a arms pretty soon..
Old 06-15-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Here they are for the revo tho. I can't find them for the lst right now.
http://www.google.com/m/products/det...ed=0CCIQ8gIwAw
Old 06-15-2011, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

If he is racing, he at least wants an UPGRADE in power(or at least as much power) from the 454, not a downgrade.

Seriously give it a rest on the VG. Its a very mild/tame mill. Most .21's have more power and a better powerband to boot. If your going to try and promote OS, then at least do so with one of their more reputable grinds. The VG is not one of them.
If you notice and read it carefully, you would see I was agreeing with the OP by saying:

You want a .30VG, put a .30VG in it. You want to run a wing, run a wing...

You must have some kind of personal mental lrp delusion's, that or some kind of hate for O.S. products. You mentioned to praise a o.s. mill worth talking about (cough .28XZ).. lr huh? lr what?

OP, if you decide to go with the VG you can expect to see a good 8 gallons out of it before it "might" need a pinch, then another 5-6 before you "might" need a crank. Disposable "lr what's" will get you about 3 gallons before you will need to do lots of work, thats only if the carb holds up on a 90 degree day in the north pole.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

If you notice and read it carefully, you would see I was agreeing with the OP by saying:

You must have some kind of personal mental lrp delusion's, that or some kind of hate for O.S. products. You mentioned to praise a o.s. mill worth talking about (cough .28XZ).. lr huh? lr what?

OP, if you decide to go with the VG you can expect to see a good 8 gallons out of it before it "might" need a pinch, then another 5-6 before you "might" need a crank. Disposable "lr what's" will get you about 3 gallons before you will need to do lots of work, thats only if the carb holds up on a 90 degree day in the north pole.
Honestly with the numerous posts on you trying to pedestal the VG, and looking over many of your past posts, the only thing you have shown is to be an OS fanboy.

I own a number of OS engines, some are pretty good, the VG isnt one of them, its literally the bastard child of the OS lineup.

LRP engines actually have a very good reputation for longevity. My 454 just past the 12 gallon mark. No work has been done on it, and its a strong runner. You've never owned an LRP engine(Sorry I dont buy the "my friend just gave me one" line, unless he gave you basically a worn and tired engine that was already on its last leg and not worth a penny).

And when you can install a .28xz on a LST let me know. Its never mentioned because its not a viable option. You can't bumpstart an LST. Maybe if you actually KNEW the products being discussed here you would understand that.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Honestly with the numerous posts on you trying to pedestal the VG, and looking over many of your past posts, the only thing you have shown is to be an OS fanboy.
My past postes? How many threads have you gotten locked up since this new name because you were banned? Exactly.... I love to be called a O.S fanboy, there is nothing better!

You've never owned an LRP engine(Sorry I dont buy the "my friend just gave me one" line, unless he gave you basically a worn and tired engine that was already on its last leg and not worth a penny)..
I think you need medical help. If you read the post correctly you are referring to, I said I had one "AND" got one free, son.

And when you can install a .28xz on a LST let me know. Its never mentioned because its not a viable option. You can't bumpstart an LST. Maybe if you actually KNEW the products being discussed here you would understand that.
No one said anything about installing it on a LST did they? DID THEY? right right.... You only said to post a engine worth talking about (to you).....right? ... Exactly.

Don't you have a bolt on part to install?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.