Wiki Posts
Search

what motor?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default what motor?

i currently have a 3.3 in my t-maxx. one day, i might upgrade it. it only has a gallon and about a quart ran through it. but i was just wanting to know a good drop in motor. one that i dont have to change a bunch of stuff for it to work. i was looking at this one-

http://cgi.ebay.com/T-Maxx-REVO-Picc...item5197fcedb1

it says all i need is there engine mount. it even hooks up to my ez-start. i will run the 3.3 through this year. then if it needs rebuilt by winter, then next year when i get my income taxes, i might upgrade to a big block!
Old 02-24-2011, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I use about 25-30 gallons a year, far beyond what that 3.3 can take. Max life out of one of those is about 6 gallons with exceptions and that 6 gallons is pushing it.

Your lookin at a year away, just a bit early for this thread.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by got_nitro
I use about 25-30 gallons a year, far beyond what that 3.3 can take. Max life out of one of those is about 6 gallons with exceptions and that 6 gallons is pushing it.

holy sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!! 25-30 gallons! thats like $500-$600 a year. i will prolly use like 2-3 gallons. yea, i know it a ways away. it might be earlier. i was just getting some input.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by got_nitro

Yeah I burn quite a bit of fuel too.Good thing I get it in 4 gallon bulk discount...last years receipts shows my spendature at $877 on nitro and paying retail it would of been over $12-1300 easily....I also have 26 nitro powered vehicles...So far the longest running 3.3 I have in my arsenal is a bit over 9 gallons but I pinched it at the 7 gallon mark in October and changed the front bearing as extra insurance before sealing it back up...

The reason why my engines last so long is because I swap my airfilter outter filter at every fuel fill-up ...I have over 20 airfilter elements with outter filters in a huge sandwich bag I bring along plus after every useage I do a 3 step after-run procedure...

Right after using it I purge all fuel from the engine and pre-oil it with marvel mystery oil through the carb to keep the alky/methanol mix from drying up...Then after I get home I right away I take off the airfilter squirt some CRC engine fogging oil down the carb and fire the engine til it stalls to get all the trapped methanol and alky out of the front engine bearings,carb,carb slider and wrist pin then I re-oil through the glowplug and the carb with Marvel Mystery oil plus a shot of CRC again to insure its protected..Then they go on the rack..
Attached Thumbnails what motor?-100-0027kjk.jpg  
Old 02-25-2011, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by T-Maxxxed_Owt
Yeah I burn quite a bit of fuel too.Good thing I get it in 4 gallon bulk discount...last years receipts shows my spendature at $877 on nitro and paying retail it would of been over $12-1300 easily....I also have 26 nitro powered vehicles...So far the longest running 3.3 I have in my arsenal is a bit over 9 gallons but I pinched it at the 7 gallon mark in October and changed the front bearing as extra insurance before sealing it back up...

The reason why my engines last so long is because I swap my airfilter outter filter at every fuel fill-up ...I have over 20 airfilter elements with outter filters in a huge sandwich bag I bring along plus after every useage I do a 3 step after-run procedure...

Right after using it I purge all fuel from the engine and pre-oil it with marvel mystery oil through the carb to keep the alky/methanol mix from drying up...Then after I get home I right away I take off the airfilter squirt some CRC engine fogging oil down the carb and fire the engine til it stalls to get all the trapped methanol and alky out of the front engine bearings,carb,carb slider and wrist pin then I re-oil through the glowplug and the carb with Marvel Mystery oil plus a shot of CRC again to insure its protected..Then they go on the rack..
sounds like you got a good system going there. i might try doing those steps to get the most out of my 3.3.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:47 PM
Tech Rookie

In general, the lower the frequency the better. High frequencies (15-50kHz) have switching times which are a greater percentage of the pulse width, and transient ringing is more troublesome.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by VilliamRobat
In general, the lower the frequency the better. High frequencies (15-50kHz) have switching times which are a greater percentage of the pulse width, and transient ringing is more troublesome.
dude.....what are you talking about?