Wiki Posts
Search

fuel lines ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 03:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default fuel lines ?

i route my fuel line behind the shock tower so i get a little longer run time if i flip over. i took a pic to get your thoughts. is my fuel lines routed ok like this? or is there a better way? thanks!

one more question. i see people put a fuel filter on there fuel line from the tank to the pipe. i got one, but does it do anything? would it be better to put it on the main fuel line and then i would have 2.
Attached Thumbnails fuel lines ?-rsz_dsc01036.jpg  
Old 02-24-2011, 04:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Fuel line is fine. I coiled mine up under the tank for a cleaner look, plus it gets it out of the way. Some guys think a filter on the return line will keep debris out (as if) and helps keep the foaming down, I found differently.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by got_nitro
Fuel line is fine. I coiled mine up under the tank for a cleaner look, plus it gets it out of the way. Some guys think a filter on the return line will keep debris out (as if) and helps keep the foaming down, I found differently.
like keep debris out of the tank? i dont understand how when the air flows towards the pipe. you know what i mean? so should i just leave the filter on, or put 2 on my main line? thanks.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yeahh, NO. You don't get it. I was being sarcastic but serious. Leave the thing alone and break it for pete sake. Then fix it.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Only recommendation I'd make about your fuel filter location is to zip-tie the filter down to a shock tower, or something... Once you get flipping over, that fuel filter is going to act as a big weight, flopping all over the place, and with your shocks right there, who knows what could happen...
Old 02-24-2011, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by got_nitro
Yeahh, NO. You don't get it. I was being sarcastic but serious. Leave the thing alone and break it for pete sake. Then fix it.
lol, ummm ok i understand what you mean. what does breaking it have to do with my fuel lines? i dont wanna break anything. im trying to get all my mods done, then hopefully it wont break.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dadic 78
Only recommendation I'd make about your fuel filter location is to zip-tie the filter down to a shock tower, or something... Once you get flipping over, that fuel filter is going to act as a big weight, flopping all over the place, and with your shocks right there, who knows what could happen...
yup, i got 2 zip ties on my rear shock tower holding my fuel line in place.
Old 02-25-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

One thing I found out when adding fuel filters to my T-Maxxes and that it makes tuning a slightly bigger headache unless you mod the tank output hole by stretching it open and making it bigger...I also drilled out the puffer nipple in the tank top and the exhaust nipple a bit larger to get increased tank pressure to push the fuel with better force

My stock T-Maxx tanks took almost 3 1/2 minutes to drain a full tank of water via gravity flow..around half tank the flow just dribbled out

After modding the tanks by stretching open the output hole with a heated allen wrench and a blunt awl punch the tank evacuated in a bit over a min and a half and the flow stream stayed relatively consistent plus my phantom out of nowhere tuning problems went totally away...
Old 02-25-2011, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by T-Maxxxed_Owt
One thing I found out when adding fuel filters to my T-Maxxes and that it makes tuning a slightly bigger headache unless you mod the tank output hole by stretching it open and making it bigger...I also drilled out the puffer nipple in the tank top and the exhaust nipple a bit larger to get increased tank pressure to push the fuel with better force

My stock T-Maxx tanks took almost 3 1/2 minutes to drain a full tank of water via gravity flow..around half tank the flow just dribbled out

After modding the tanks by stretching open the output hole with a heated allen wrench and a blunt awl punch the tank evacuated in a bit over a min and a half and the flow stream stayed relatively consistent plus my phantom out of nowhere tuning problems went totally away...
i remember you mentioning this in another thread. i want to try and do this, but im afraid i will mess it up,lol
Old 02-25-2011, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

bad news! i went to inlarge the bottom nipple of the fuel tank. i heated up a allen wrench and when i put it in, the nipple melted! so i just grinded and used a razor blade to remove it and make it smooth. i took off the metal nipple on top of the tank and screwed it in the bottom to see if it worked. it does from the looks of it. now i need another metal nipple for the top breather hole. i looked on ebay and they dont sell them individual. they only come with the tank. if anyone has a old fuel tank there not using, i need the metal nipple fitting. you could just put it in a envelope and mail it to me. i will pay you the $.42 for the stamp if you want. so please, if anyone has a metal nipple off a fuel tank, please let me know asap! thank you.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

heres a pic of the fitting- its a small pic, but you can see what it looks like pretty much.
Attached Thumbnails fuel lines ?-rsz_bu2p80gb2kkgrhqiokkyevnz7zt43bmcbeeb9zw_3.jpg  
Old 02-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

heres a better pic. i guess they do sell the fittings. i found this one on rc planet. $4.69 is the cheapest with shipping. but hopefully, someone here has one i can get!
Attached Thumbnails fuel lines ?-aqug4750-2.jpg  
Old 02-25-2011, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

i just looked at the fitting on top of my pipe. it looks like the one for the fuel tank. so if you got a pipe or fuel tank your not using, let me know if i can get that fitting. only if the fitting unscrews from the pipe. thanks again!