Solid axle truck for crawling.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Solid axle truck for crawling.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 09:57 PM
Tech Regular

what do you guys think of the x factor i am trading my savage for one what are som of the things i could do to this truck? is there any way to make it more stable at high speeds i have read a lot on this truck. also dose it use the regular maxx rims? i havent got it yet but it is in the mail
Old 10-08-2004, 02:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Nathan
what do you guys think of the x factor i am trading my savage for one what are som of the things i could do to this truck? is there any way to make it more stable at high speeds i have read a lot on this truck. also dose it use the regular maxx rims? i havent got it yet but it is in the mail
u trade savage for x-factor and worry whether it can be more stable at high speed

u should keep yer savage for that usage....here we use x-factor only for rock crawling due to its articulation & solid axle.

just my 5 cents & my reliable savage. no harm done. cheers mate.
Old 10-08-2004, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

i know that it is not going to ba as stable as my savage. but my yeard is a big rock pile so that is what i wanna get the x factor for but can i still have fun ith it off the rocks is what im asking
Old 10-08-2004, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Nathan
i know that it is not going to ba as stable as my savage. but my yeard is a big rock pile so that is what i wanna get the x factor for but can i still have fun ith it off the rocks is what im asking
right...i would get the x-factor too if my yard got big rock.anyway...u can try stiffen the shock and use the sway bar for off rock run. its quite scary with its powerful engine. make sure u run it straight ...it has the highest CG compares to other truck.

good luck & have fun, mate.
Old 10-09-2004, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

for rockcrawling, go for the solid axle. you wont regret it...
Old 10-09-2004, 08:22 PM
Tech Regular

I should be getting the X Factor tomorrow (mon) i will let you guys know what i think of it.. i see that xtm sells a few alum. hop ups for it i will have to check them out but for sure on what i have been reading i will be getting the wheelie bar. the guy that im getting it from says that the pipe is pretty much shot. i see that they also sell a tuned pipe maybe ill try that out aswell... and if i dont like it look for it to be up for sale here on the board
Old 10-12-2004, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

got the truck today it is pretty sweet. but one of the rims are broke from shipping the guy i got it from bought me a new set of rims and tires on ebay.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

where can i find the converson kit so i can use maxx rims? i know that they have some kind of savage converson.