Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
AVOID NITROTEK!!! >

AVOID NITROTEK!!!

AVOID NITROTEK!!!

Old 12-20-2010, 08:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

As far as supporting the LHS goes, I'm all for paying a little more to help them out but when they sell at the same price as Tower, and I have a coupon for 100 off...well that's just not "a small price to pay". I wouldn't even ask my local guy to match that. I'd feel too bad.

In regards to the OP, sorry to hear about your experience. I've never heard of this company, but I'm sure your credit card company can help in some way. Best of luck!
Old 12-21-2010, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Smuffy
As far as supporting the LHS goes, I'm all for paying a little more to help them out but when they sell at the same price as Tower, and I have a coupon for 100 off...well that's just not "a small price to pay". I wouldn't even ask my local guy to match that. I'd feel too bad.

In regards to the OP, sorry to hear about your experience. I've never heard of this company, but I'm sure your credit card company can help in some way. Best of luck!
Hey, if you can get a deal on some things from Tower/Horizon that you can't get in your LHS, I am not knocking you or saying you have to pay more for it at your LHS. However, show your LHS some love because Tower/Horizon do not operate your local track(s). For many, if the LHS did not provide us a place (track) to race our cars in an organized manner, we would be racing up and down the street or parking lot by ourselves and that gets old really quick. A LHS not making money means the store and any tracks they support may eventually shut down, then where would you be?
Old 12-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Where I live we have 7 lhs's within 60miles of my house. Only two have tracks. They both have awesome customer service (at least in my experience). 1 of the lhs's w/o a track is really helpful and have given me discounts just for a "loyal" customer. The rest I try to stay away from. I would rather buy online than support them. If there is a lhs nearby that has good people working there and willing to help you at to no end............. Give them your business unless your spending more than $100 or so and saving at least 40%.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I would take this opportunity to teach your child about the true meaning of Christmas. Sure, he is going to be a little upset, but try to teach him about being thankful for what he does have, and learning how to be positive even when things don't go the way you planned. It's hard for kids to grasp that theirs more to Christmas than getting presents, but the sooner you instill that in him the better.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

nowadays many lhs are also offering online sales... buy from them is safer. but cost is slightly bit higher..
Old 12-24-2010, 12:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JLock
Hey, if you can get a deal on some things from Tower/Horizon that you can't get in your LHS, I am not knocking you or saying you have to pay more for it at your LHS. However, show your LHS some love because Tower/Horizon do not operate your local track(s). For many, if the LHS did not provide us a place (track) to race our cars in an organized manner, we would be racing up and down the street or parking lot by ourselves and that gets old really quick. A LHS not making money means the store and any tracks they support may eventually shut down, then where would you be?
Very true. I live in a small town though so I don't really have the option. Our only outdoor track shut down the better part of a decade ago. I try to buy all my mod parts at my LHS tho, simply because I like to see a lot of things before I buy them.