Wiki Posts
Search

EZ-start or Pull-Start?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default EZ-start or Pull-Start?

Hey, I am getting tired of my electric start because the battery dies down too fast . I am using a 1500 mAH battery,I think the battery is going bad so i bought a used 3000 mAH battery and a EZ start battery.

I am wondering what is better the EZ-start or a Pull-start?

And a battery that is 3000 mAH it should stay charged for awhile because i am just using it in the wand.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bighomedog11
Hey, I am getting tired of my electric start because the battery dies down too fast . I am using a 1500 mAH battery,I think the battery is going bad so i bought a used 3000 mAH battery and a EZ start battery.

I am wondering what is better the EZ-start or a Pull-start?

And a battery that is 3000 mAH it should stay charged for awhile because i am just using it in the wand.
Before I bigblocked my maxx I used the ez-start but I made the best investment of my life! LIPO!!!!!!!!! The lipo that orion has made for the tamiya mini cooper fits perfectly in the wand and you wont charge it for 2 weeks I swear! I was using the 3300mah. The battery costs 80$. Now if you dont have a lipo charger and do not plan on going electic anytime soon then I would use the pull start!
Old 10-28-2010, 09:55 PM
Tech Regular

Ohhh, Well i dont plan on going lipo anytime soon.. But i just bought a venom 3000 mAH and EZ start battery by traxxas.. Bought both batteries used for 10 buxs. So doing this was much cheaper then buying a pull-start and the igniter.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:58 PM
Tech Master

Ohhh, Well i dont plan on going lipo anytime soon.. But i just bought a venom 3000 mAH and EZ start battery by traxxas.. Bought both batteries used for 10 buxs. So doing this was much cheaper then buying a pull-start and the igniter.
True, that was a good find you got there! That venom battery is a 30$ battery all day!
Old 10-28-2010, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bigblockt-maxx
True, that was a good find you got there! That venom battery is a 30$ battery all day!
Woah, that i did not know..
But using those batteries i should get more starts using the wand? Because before i was using a 1500 mAh battery.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I know some prefer not to carry around the EZ-Starter; a Pull-Start is less of a hassle, but if the cord snaps while you're on the field, you can go home unless you have a spare one on hand...

I know pull-start with a quick short pulls; but it will snap after some time due to wear of the cord, a EZ-Starter on the other hand will be able to let you crank-start your engine if the battery was charged properly...

Just an opinion.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Woah, that i did not know..
But using those batteries i should get more starts using the wand? Because before i was using a 1500 mAh battery.
Yep you should get double! Just be carefull on How you charge it for the first time! I would charge at 1amp if your charger is ajustable just so you can get a good deep charger before you use it so the battery will last longer!
Old 10-28-2010, 10:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by roychan69
I know some prefer not to carry around the EZ-Starter; a Pull-Start is less of a hassle, but if the cord snaps while you're on the field, you can go home unless you have a spare one on hand...

I know pull-start with a quick short pulls; but it will snap after some time due to wear of the cord, a EZ-Starter on the other hand will be able to let you crank-start your engine if the battery was charged properly...

Just an opinion.
Yeah that's true.. Another thing i did not think about if the cord snaps. But i am going to give the batteries a shot and see what happens. Because i like using my ez-start just hate carrying it.. Sense i cant really put it in my pocket.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bigblockt-maxx
Yep you should get double! Just be carefull on How you charge it for the first time! I would charge at 1amp if your charger is ajustable just so you can get a good deep charger before you use it so the battery will last longer!
I need to get a better charger i am guessing because the charger i have now is just a standard plug in the wall charger.. With no meters on it
Old 10-28-2010, 10:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yeah that's true.. Another thing i did not think about if the cord snaps. But i am going to give the batteries a shot and see what happens. Because i like using my ez-start just hate carrying it.. Sense i cant really put it in my pocket.
Yeah, we used to raced MT in our country here; if during a race when it's our turn to run the heats or worst the final and trying to pull-start the engine and the cord snaps, we're done...

That's why we only use the roto-starter (EZ Start).
Old 10-29-2010, 03:24 AM
Tech Adept

Hey man just went through the same debate a few days ago.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-...ush-start.html

Sorry it wont let me post the link.
But has some great opinions and I am switching to pull start and glow starter.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've been using a pullstart on my Axial 28 1S in my Savage for 4 years now without any problems at all. I must have gotten the retard strength cord..
Old 10-30-2010, 01:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default pull start

I like the pull start on my tmaxx 3.3. short quick pulls so I don't strech the spring