Wiki Posts
Search

Got My Kyosho DMT VE

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 09:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herc Driver
What types of tires/rims fit on these? Are the tires the same size as the Emaxx/Revo style??

I just ordered one of these trucks.

Is te motor 540 sized? I have a Tekin RX8 and a 550 size motor just begging to go in...who knows/we will see???
Yes, any 17mm wheels/tire sets will fit on this truck. The motor is indeed a 540, 4 pole motor. You don't really need a lot of power to get this truck moving quick, it's ridiculously light for a truck its size. I'm running a Velineon ESC with the stock motor, a 3S Lipo and a 13T pinion and it's doing high-40 mph easy, no heat issues at all. This is a very under-appreciated truck.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tires and rims that it was designed for it were the e-maxx/t-maxx sized wheels and rims that is the size of the stock rims tire combo and the ppp alloy rims are the same maxx sized tire and rim combo i also ran on truck you can clearly see above in my previous post. i however as mentioned have customized and monsterized my DMT VE to fit me better i much prefer a low slung monster truck i turned it into ... i ran it on 3s and don't feel on a normal basis i'll good any higher than that (it's plenty fast even with monster truck tires on it) on a normal run basis but since it has capacity to run 4s and i might run a few 4s packs through it on on pavement to get a couple of maxx speed runs just because i can..... pic show how mine sits at this very moment imex pullers on painted usa-1 nitro wheels also dropped down to 9 tooth pinion to offset the larger tires and rims on truck

Old 02-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Fed Ex guy came over yesterday...I got mine now too!
Old 02-22-2011, 10:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Fellow DMT VE owners, here is a website that carries a good majority of parts for this truck: http://www.infernosonly.com/Kyosho_D...arts_s/967.htm

The price for the clear body is a bit outlandish though, I hope it comes down quite a bit.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Adept

thanks for heads up on another site I actually have had no problem getting parts directly from kyosho usa like the optional steel spur gear i have on my DMT
Old 06-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

alright guys i know this is a older thread but i have been looking at this truck for awhile and thinking about getting one soon. I saw that everyone says the hold back to the truck is the esc. So what esc is everyone putting in these? i was thinking of the mamba max pro but not sure due to the size of the truck. also i saw that someone posted a link to some hop ups for it but is there others besides just those parts or is that it for this truck?

any help would be great thanks guys!
Old 06-13-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by carcrazy699
alright guys i know this is a older thread but i have been looking at this truck for awhile and thinking about getting one soon. I saw that everyone says the hold back to the truck is the esc. So what esc is everyone putting in these? i was thinking of the mamba max pro but not sure due to the size of the truck. also i saw that someone posted a link to some hop ups for it but is there others besides just those parts or is that it for this truck?

any help would be great thanks guys!
The Mamba Max Pro would be perfectly fine. The DMT is larger than the Stampede, but the weight is nearly identical. If a Mamba Max Pro can move a 9 pound Savage Flux chassis around as well as it does on 4S LiPo, it'll be a walk in the park in a DMT.
Old 06-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Thai3g_Eclipse
The Mamba Max Pro would be perfectly fine. The DMT is larger than the Stampede, but the weight is nearly identical. If a Mamba Max Pro can move a 9 pound Savage Flux chassis around as well as it does on 4S LiPo, it'll be a walk in the park in a DMT.
awsome! im thinking of getting one and taking out the stock esc and putting in the mamba. Im not sure if i should sell the stock esc to help pay for the new one or not since i have no idea what its worth lol
Old 06-14-2011, 01:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Cool

Hi guys.

I thought I would share this with you. For thoes who are into nitro here's its nitro brother..

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_74...tm.htm#7496064

I'm thinking about getting one myself and I think there like 400$$$
Old 06-14-2011, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

I had the mfr and its a good truck. The motor is pretty good on it. i would defiantly put rubber sealed bearing in the hubs for it
Old 06-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doug e fresh
Hi guys.

I thought I would share this with you. For thoes who are into nitro here's its nitro brother..

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_74...tm.htm#7496064

I'm thinking about getting one myself and I think there like 400$$$
This truck is very hard to find. I'm not sure if Kyosho is still making them but, my distributors don't have any in stock and haven't had any in stock for months now.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

This is the best running truck i have owned my 2nd favorite in my current collection ESC i am using is a Hobbywing Ezrun Sc8 120a i got from Kershaw Designs no problem what so ever with ESC with my monster sized tires going up on gearing stupid amount of torque on 3s ...

BTW the only hop-up i'd say was needed was the optional hardened steel spur gear Kyosho USA offers...that and pinions are the only thing i have went through on truck .....

Last edited by Dominick Shaunt; 06-14-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Love that truck. nice.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

would any of you guys recomend putting a 550 size motor in it and run 3s on it or do you think the stock motor is perfect?
Old 06-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

has anyone changed the shock fluid to be alittle stiffer? it feels like it has stock 35wt in it and it seems like it bottoms out to easy. also what about diff oils?

as you can tell im new to monsters so im not to sure what would work right or not lol. i just got this truck but i am going to get another one as soon as i can get the extra cash again. thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.