Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas Revo

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

now we can use bump start .21s, what a relief!
Old 07-30-2004, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by FMW
A small block. Neil. I didn't know you were into Monster trucks:-) You know the one you should get. LOL
What you doing here FMW? Yea I know which one I'm looking at. I was impressed with your product line at RCX.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:46 AM
Tech Adept

To the folks at Traxxas, please take no offence, I have 4 of the TQ 3 channel units that i use for loaners and test drives with out incident. The TQ transmitter has proven to be very resiliant in the hands of the inexperienced. The electronic program that you mentioned earlier requires a huge round of thanks as many "newbies" have had the opertunity to experience and learn our hobbie as a direct result of hassle free service.

as for the Revo/Lst issue the Revo will be a serious "RACE" truck as parts and hop-ups become available. With the lowest center of gravity available at this time, the cornering speed potential is truly insane. After I drove one I began to feel very bad for those loud savages and lowly Sut drivers. There just isn't enough motor or fancy shock kits out there to keep these trucks competitive for long. I know I have probibly offended some with this comment but you must remember that I was the guy with the T-Maxx that you all were gunning for before the savage/Sut/BFT was available.
Heck I still have my original generation 1 short wheelbase, .15 pro powered truck with nothing but good luck to show.

The LST truly impressed me when I saw it being launched 15'-20' in the air by a "newbe" to land completly on it's back better than a dozen times and keep on driving with nothing but the body taking the hit. If you want proof than please see monsterbashers.com for the video, I think LOUSEY (opps) may have something with this new truck. The two speed trans setup makes for excelent power wile bashing and respectable speed for racing. Kinda neet eh?

I think we may have forgotten the main reason we got into this hobbie and that has clouded our judgment of the new wave of trucks to hit the market.

Remember, put as much air as possible under your trucks, go as fast as you can, corner with athority, but always HAVE FUN DOING IT eh?
Old 07-30-2004, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

as usual lizzardo made quite a few good points
Old 07-31-2004, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

yup
Old 08-03-2004, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default i will never buy a monster truck..

or so I used to say, lol

I am on road racer (mugen) and to me bashing or racing offroad seemed really dumb and requires no setup skill. But as time when by i noticed that racing on road competitively is WORK compared to racing offroad or bashing. Off road is so much fun. I drive my revo on the dirt and grass the do the RTRer thing lol and its alot of fun.

I love the revo's geometry and suspension design. I am not crazy about how it looks like an oversized Stadium truck but that can be fixed with a new body and tires. I have never driven an Monster truck before so I must say it quite different from my touring car, but it does handle very nicely and I am happy to see it has alot of setup up options just like an onroad car. To me this makes this truck very competitive.

The LTS is big and all, but it didnt seem very adjustable, maybe I need to inspect it more?

its late over here so I may not be making sense, and I am venting bc my brower doesnt let me post on the traxxas site!!!

anyway like it was mentioned here, JUST HAVE FUN !!! and if you really want to worry about alot of BS get into touring lol ( I still wont quit touring)

um... ok I lost my train of thought... anyway ..someelse take from here lol

I LOVE MY REVO !
Old 08-04-2004, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

The LTS is big and all, but it didnt seem very adjustable, maybe I need to inspect it more?
The LST is adjustable but it isn't.... the biggest thing i found was the in the 4 i have sold at the LHS i work at, on all of them the rear wheels were cambered out just a tick and no way to adjust
them, i would have thought LOSI would have thought about something like that
Old 08-05-2004, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Maybe it was an illusion with the tires on.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

nope..didn't put a gauge on it but i put a straight edge on it and they were definately out a few degrees
Old 08-06-2004, 12:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: i will never buy a monster truck..

Originally posted by Profoxcg
or so I used to say, lol

I am on road racer (mugen) and to me bashing or racing offroad seemed really dumb and requires no setup skill. But as time when by i noticed that racing on road competitively is WORK compared to racing offroad or bashing. Off road is so much fun. I drive my revo on the dirt and grass the do the RTRer thing lol and its alot of fun.

I love the revo's geometry and suspension design. I am not crazy about how it looks like an oversized Stadium truck but that can be fixed with a new body and tires. I have never driven an Monster truck before so I must say it quite different from my touring car, but it does handle very nicely and I am happy to see it has alot of setup up options just like an onroad car. To me this makes this truck very competitive.

its late over here so I may not be making sense, and I am venting bc my brower doesnt let me post on the traxxas site!!!

anyway like it was mentioned here, JUST HAVE FUN !!! and if you really want to worry about alot of BS get into touring lol ( I still wont quit touring)

um... ok I lost my train of thought... anyway ..someelse take from here lol

I LOVE MY REVO !
I'll take over from here. As some of you might know, we are a bunch of hardcore on-road touring car guys, but we recently picked up one of each of the truck on the market (so call "market research"...lol) and went out to a local off-road track. Me and a couple of guys from Yokomo and Losi had a blast just playing with all the trucks (from 8AM in the morning until 6PM in the afternoon) sunburned, shoes filled with dirt, and 4 broken trucks later, we all agreed that was the most fun we had in a long long time...so no matter which truck you pick up...like Profoxcg said, JUST HAVE FUN! anyway...some one else can take over from here?

Steve Wang
Old 08-06-2004, 12:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by myclod
nope..didn't put a gauge on it but i put a straight edge on it and they were definately out a few degrees
Well my point is if the tires/wheels are on, it will give the illusion (eyes or gauge) that the camber is off. This is due to the flex of the tire and wheels with the full load of the car on them. To obtain a true reading of the camber, you will need to remove the tires and wheels and place the vehicle on a setting station.
Old 08-06-2004, 05:52 AM
Tech Master

i understand that...i took the wheels off and put a straight edge (square) up against it...you don't need a $100+ setup board (which i could have used) to tell at that point if it is out or not
Old 08-06-2004, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

And it still has poor camber? Wow, that's doesn't seem like something Losi would design. I wonder if it's a manufacturing defect.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

do you guys know if Hudy makes a set of guages for the revo?
Old 08-06-2004, 11:39 PM
Tech Master

BTW, the Revo is working great ! I drove it on a not so dry surface and added a little toe and camber and the truck held up very nicely ! I am so happy with it ! (my Mugen was getting jealous, I had to drive it today lol )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.