Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CEN Genesis

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2004, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default CEN Genesis

I can't seem to find a thread about this truck. I saw it today at my LHS. Man that thing is huge!!!! I was wondering if it sucks or would it be cool just to bash around with.

THanks,
Mike
Old 07-02-2004, 10:21 PM
Tech Addict

check out radio control zone. i think there are around 3 owners already giving some feedback about the truck, with some comparative pictures too (side by side to a savage). i think its in the monster truck forum. hope this helps.
Old 07-03-2004, 06:55 AM
Tech Regular

I can't go to radiocontrozone.com they banned me in there banning spree. They are assholes. Can anyone post some info on what they are saying. My LHS is going to be carrying major support for this thing. They ordered the whole CEN Genesis package deal thing. THey get all the parts and accessories in one delivery I need to sell my pocketbike first then i'm going to buy it.

Mike
Old 07-03-2004, 06:58 AM
Tech Adept

Hobby town in Memphis got one and broke 2 recoils on it and never even got it started.And I don't think they make a standard size servo large enough to turn those tires!And where on earth would you ever find a track large enough to run it on?
Old 07-03-2004, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Hmmm... I own the Team Magic G4 also and that thing is a piece of work. I think i can handle the Genesis Oh well i'll buy it just to be different i guess. Plus i'm not going to race it. Just drive around my yard with it.

Mike
Old 07-03-2004, 10:48 PM
Tech Addict

sorry to hear that budlight. as i read all the comments of the owners, there are more complaints than praises. most especially about CEN forgetting to include a break in procedure for the MT.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:30 AM
Tech Regular

The hobby town i go to also had one sitting out. I was playin with it a little. Looks pretty sturdy. Its got a 3 speed tranny also. I'm just wondering how the frigen clutch will hold up, if anyone can ever get theirs started. I still think 500 bucks is a little steep for that.

Mike
Old 07-06-2004, 10:44 AM
Tech Adept

The Hobby Town in Memphis was trying to sell theirs for like $350 just to get rid of it.
Old 07-15-2004, 06:53 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

There have been issues with the Genesis that Cen is having a "Care Package" Going out to all those who bought the first run of trucks. Some of what I have heard:

1. Engines breaking with stuff inside them
2. No breakin instructions
3. Parts not fitting right
4. Can't get it to shift into 3rd

From what I have heard, alot of the people who have had problems don't even get past the breakin point. I think there is a good discussion on this at rcuniverse .

Personally, I think you may be happier just going with a LST or some other monster.
Old 07-24-2004, 10:24 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs down

JUNK!!
Old 09-19-2005, 01:48 PM
Tech Rookie

The Genesis is super fun to bash around. I have had NO problems with mine. I just bought it and It came with all the instructions and break-in procedures. I like mine. Its got a lot of power and romps everything. I dont have a local hobby store near me that sells parts so I order mine from www.customRCcars.com
Old 09-20-2005, 03:23 PM
Tech Rookie

will you race it if you could?
Old 09-21-2005, 10:26 AM
Tech Rookie

I would for sure race it. However I would not race it with the stock tires. I would swap the stock tires which are perfect for rompin, or bashing for the spyder race tires, that cen offers. I would also swap the body for a trophy truck body.