E-MAXX or E-REVO?

Old 08-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR View Post
Don't try to act high and mighty when simple spelling seems to surpass you. Even the newest vehicles are based off what the Maxx started, there is no denying that. Also, NOTHING is copying the Revo for a reason. It's design is not user friendly by ANY means, and creates complications for even the most basic setup. It is NOT a beginner friendly vehicle, and even Traxxas admits this in it's own ratings of the vehicle.

The Emaxx, when looked at in it's first generation, is definitely out dated. They have done a LOT to improve it though overtime, constantly releasing new versions every year or two. For the extra 100$ you aren't gaining ANYTHING from a Revo bashing wise. You are actually LOSING durability to gain tunability. The Revo can NOT handle jumps stock w/o popping pushrods in the rear. The Revo setup is NOT easily worked on like an Emaxx. NOTHING on it is straight forward pull and replace. Even the A-Arms are annoying to replace. Ask me how I know, I'll send you a link to the thread.
You are funny. I don't believe to be high or mighty even if I am much stronger than you but that's beside the point. Why not just get a savage flux?
Old 08-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

E-Maxx hadns down , i would take the e-maxx anyday , it's exactly what your looking for . They are some issues with the maxx such as the bulkheads and shocktowers , but those can be easily replaced.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
You are funny. I don't believe to be high or mighty even if I am much stronger than you but that's beside the point. Why not just get a savage flux?
Old 08-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Gosh, you guys are so tense. Relax
Old 08-14-2010, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (96%+)

A Savage Flux was not an option asked by the OP. We don't even know if he wants to go brushless or not, which if that's the case throws HPI out the window. We aren't discussing which is more durable between a Flux, Revo, or Emaxx. I'm answering his question with YEARS of personal knowledge of both vehicles, you are trying to answer it with he said mumbo jumbo from a guy who is driving a 1/16 Revo on a track.

I'm sure the OP knows who to listen to.

And as for spinnin said, the ERBE is ugly stock. Emaxx/Tmaxx are not.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (96%+)

Originally Posted by etasmith3 View Post
Thanks for all your advice. I am leaning more toward the E-MAXX. Are the batteries that come with the new kits good? What kind of run time should I expect? I will be getting a second set when I order. Staying away from Li-Po for now.
Is there a particular reason you want to stay away from Lipo?
Old 08-14-2010, 08:16 PM
Tech Rookie

To answer some of the previous questions- I do not want to spend the additional amount at this time to go brushless. I want to stick with brand new-not used.

As far as Li-Po goes, I have had alot of experience with Ni-Mh since they first came out and I am comfortable with them.

My two biggest concerns are price and I also have my rigs sit for months without use and I have read that will destroy Li-Po's. Also, there is a big range in quality between manufacturers as shown in the big differences in price ranges.

Am I incorrect in thinking this?
Old 08-14-2010, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Lipo batteries can sit for a very long time while experiencing very little discharge. So to answer your question, lipo batteries, as long as they are stored properly will be fine I unused. As far a battery quality-probably going to get flamed- since I have owned about 14 lipo's, the most recent being the nanotech batteries from hobbycity are awesome and very affordable. I recently purchased 2 2s 6000mah batteries 25-50c and 2 3s 5000mah 25-50c-all softpack delivered from China in 4 days for less than 200$. My team Orion hardcase 3s 3800mah 45c batteries coated 140$ a piece. In my opinion the hobbycity furniture batteries are not quite as punchy but a better overall value.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...net%20toughguy
Old 08-14-2010, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

OMG, I don't know why I am jumping into this, and especially with you Casey but oh well.

To the OP, The Emaxx has FAR more upgrades than a Revo could ever dream about having. There are 2 reasons, the Emaxx is the most popular MT ever so companies all jump on the bandwagon.
But also because the friggin POS Emaxx NEEDS those upgrades.
I've owned AT LEAST 12 Revos, nitro, electric, brushless and on every platform they offer. Summit, Straight Revo, Slayer, etc. (Slayer is a POS btw)
I've NEVER once broken a single pushrod/tierod or popped anything. And yes, I've bashed hard.

Go with the ERevo, RPM true track in the rear, standard RPM in the front, RPM front knuckles (rear come on the true track kit) and a set of "Tubes" or Lunsford and that's all you need.

With the Emaxx you need all sorts of crap just to keep it together. And 8 shocks? REALLY not necessary and make it a nightmare to work on.

The only part of the ERevo that's not EASY to work on is the steering/front bulk assembly. 3 screws and the whole rear shock tower pops off along with the wing mount, 6 more and the entire rear diff/bulkhead drops out, it uses HEX HARDWARE, and not garbage phillips screws, etc.
Reasons are endless for the Revo.

If you have an extra $1,000 to drop after purchasing, get the Maxx because that's the ONLY way you will get it sturdy. FLM hybrid bulks, LST shock conversion, better chassis (from anyone because stock SUCKS), transmission is garbage, shock towers need minimum RPM if not aluminum.

The Emaxx can be a badass truck but it costs FAR more to get it there than an ERevo.

To the guy doing backflips over his SUV, did you expect it NOT to break?

BTW, how's that search for a Gorilla chassis coming along Casey?
Old 08-15-2010, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm sure the OP knows who to listen to.
Again, what is this OP of which you speak of?
Old 08-15-2010, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by taco94 View Post
I'm not sure what OP is either, blt it is probably because I'm ignorant. As Nue Racer posted about the emaxx, just do a search on fleebay and you will fond emaxx's that are hopped up "1000 dollars worth of upgrades," why you might ask? Because they need it.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

My assumption based off OP (original poster) is that he is wanting to mainly bash, and maybe with a bit of racing (with that attitude either is going to work just the same).
You guys don't read.....
Old 08-15-2010, 01:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by etasmith3 View Post
To answer some of the previous questions- I do not want to spend the additional amount at this time to go brushless. I want to stick with brand new-not used.

As far as Li-Po goes, I have had alot of experience with Ni-Mh since they first came out and I am comfortable with them.
Having just gotten back into the hobby after a several year absence, I had the same opinion, but now that I have used the LiPo, I am hooked. I wouldn't rule them out.

My two biggest concerns are price and I also have my rigs sit for months without use and I have read that will destroy Li-Po's. Also, there is a big range in quality between manufacturers as shown in the big differences in price ranges.

Am I incorrect in thinking this?
I think you see the same variation on NiMH batteries. C'est la vie there though, run what you're comfortable with.

One thing to keep in mind is that neither of these vehicles has a LiPo cutoff built in (unless you buy the brushless editions) so keep that in mind if you do go with LiPo.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by taco94 View Post

OP = Original Poster. The originator of the thread.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service