Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By savage24x

Carb switch

Old 08-01-2010, 05:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default Carb switch

Hello guys'
Got a question for ya. Has anyone ever put a carb from a .21 engine on a traxxas 3.3? I have like three ofna .25s around and had the carb off one. I'm fixing a buds tmaxx and was cleaning the engine and seen the carb laying there and was like, hummm, I wonder. Fits perfect and now I'm in the process of getting it tuned to the engine. Made a hellofa differece I think. Will screamin cheatta wheelie on command now.
Does anyone fore see any ill affects or anything else from this switch?
Thanks guys
Old 08-01-2010, 07:32 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

If you got no air leaks, you're golden.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Kinda what I was thinking too. Don't seem to be any leaks, just gotta get a tune going.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Default traxxas 3.3 wont start

ok i got this truck brand new 3 weeks ago it ran fine well i jumped a curb and hit a pole went to re start and realized i was out of gas well i put gas in it and now the fuel doesn't pump thru the line i checked the gas seal and glow plug both were fine i took it to hobbytown and they replaced the lines changed the glow plug they took the high speed needle out checked it and the retuned it back to factory settings still no pressure to pump the gas in the lines well we also took one line off and got gas to the line that's going to the high speed needle still didnt start and the gas still isn't pumping thru the lines can someone please help
Old 07-19-2018, 11:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last edited by RCTecher12; 10-28-2018 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-20-2018, 10:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by antg612 View Post
ok i got this truck brand new 3 weeks ago it ran fine well i jumped a curb and hit a pole went to re start and realized i was out of gas well i put gas in it and now the fuel doesn't pump thru the line i checked the gas seal and glow plug both were fine i took it to hobbytown and they replaced the lines changed the glow plug they took the high speed needle out checked it and the retuned it back to factory settings still no pressure to pump the gas in the lines well we also took one line off and got gas to the line that's going to the high speed needle still didnt start and the gas still isn't pumping thru the lines can someone please help
Does this help?

I got this truck brand new 3 weeks ago and it ran fine. I jumped a curb and hit a pole, when I went to re start I realized it was out of gas, so I put gas in and now the fuel doesn't pump thru the line. I checked the gas seal and glow plug and both were fine. I took it to Hobbytown where they replaced the lines, changed the glow plug, took the high speed needle out and checked it and then retuned it back to factory settings. After all that there was still no pressure to pump the gas in the lines. We also took one line off and got gas to the line that's going to the high speed needle, but it still won't start and the gas still isn't pumping thru the lines. Can someone please help?
Old 08-01-2018, 03:10 AM
Tech Rookie

I ran the 18tm carb on my 3.3 all summer and the results are great! Right now I'm running the stock carb until I get another insulator sleeve for the 11k Carb. I have a Force .21 carb I'm gonna try next summer.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Losi 3.4 carb is a common mod for the 3.3 engine.
Mafia likes this.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:27 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by savage24x View Post
Losi 3.4 carb is a common mod for the 3.3 engine.
Yes. However I've had two 3.4 carbs on 3.3s and the slides start sticking in the bores. After the first I bought a replacement and it started too. Then with some googling I saw it was common.

Another fantastic carb for the 3.3 is the Jl.28 carb if it can be found. It has an even larger venturi than the 3.4 carb.