Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Tmaxx drive issues >

Tmaxx drive issues

Tmaxx drive issues

Old 03-26-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Tmaxx drive issues

yea so my tmaxx has been dormant for a while now because when i last got it running i realized that only the front wheels were getting power. i took out the diffs and checked for any damage but i couldnt see any. what should i be looking for? and am i even looking in the right spot?
Old 03-26-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Unless the diffs were clicking, prob wrong place to look. Check teh drive pins imn teh center drive axle to the back, poss one missing at the trans or at the rear diff. These run loose and can fall out.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

yea i checked all along the drivetrain except inside of the tranny and everything seemed in order. an other ideas? i even reglued the tires to see if they were just slipping
Old 03-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

if you manually spin the drive shaft do the real tires turn? if you manually move drive gear with truck floating do the rear wheels move? if you do the drive shaft and they move check the pins at tranny and inside tranny if they dont check the diff side of the shaft for its pin...
Old 03-26-2010, 09:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Then I'd start at the rear wheels and spin them and trac ethe movement all the way to the trans. Put some resistsnce on the drive line as you spin - spin rear wheels and grab each of the wheel drive axles (with fingers or with needle nose pliers) and make sure they resist. The to the rear center drive shaft - spin wheels and put some friction on the rear center.

Prob should be between the trans and the rear wheels. I'm not aware of anything in the trans that will just affect the rear. If its in trans it would afect both F&R.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default down the drivetrain

Just keep going down the line of the drivetrain. Right to the pins on your hex's. Somtimes you look to hard, and its just something very simple.