Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Savage 25 problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 06:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Savage 25 problems

Ok, Well I bought a Savage 25 for my B-day on the 14th. I bought it used from some guy who read the instuctions to it and got scared so he put it up for sale and i bought it. Ive put 1 and a half tanks of gas through while its propped up. Im still in the break in stages. My savage wont Idle for some reason, even when i adjust the idle screw on the carb. I think the fuel mixture is too rich so it wont idle. But i may be wrong. It will run and its easy to turn over. But after running it it cuts out after half or a minuite into running it. Also when I hit the gas on the remote it cuts out. Can anyone help me?
Old 04-15-2004, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Sounds like the pipe is just loading up...

the settings from the box are quite rich...you might even want to consider resetting everything back to the original settings (Should be listed in the manual) and then while idling SLOWLY roll on the throttleto help clear the oil and crap outta the pipe it will look like the pipe has been sneezing oil out onto the ground under the truck...

Good luck with the truck...that guy's loss is your gain