Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which one?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2004, 08:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Which one?!?!

Hey, I I'm getting back into the hobby of rc. I have an electric car, and i now want a nitro. I have done some research on the cars, but cant dicide which one to get. I have narrowed it down to, Traaxx Revo, AE Monster GT, HPI savage, and t-maxx. I will be running the car in dirt and grass, and i'll be jumping it
Old 04-09-2004, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default which kit...

before getting a kit, try to look around if your local hobby supports the kit your interested in getting. no product support is no fun especially when you break something. i think the traxxas revo is very cool and unique but it not tested yet. as for now, the hpi savage is very nice and durable. oh, by the way, the savage is a 1:8 scale monster truck as compared to the traxxas t-maxx. hope this helps
Old 04-10-2004, 03:16 AM
Tech Rookie

I was thinking of going electric but now I'm shifting back to nitro again.

I'm looking hard at the Savage 2.5 at the moment, it seems to be a very good truck from all accounts. I just need to establish it's rock crawling credentials.
Old 04-10-2004, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If you're using it for rock crawling...then you may want to stay electric..helps you keep your CG nice and low with the batteries, and the electric motors give you torque on depand instead of relying on engine rpm and clutch...

The Revo is supposed to ship in June....so based on backorders and delays I'd be surprised if you can get one in your hands before mid-july at the earliest.

The Savage is a great truck and quite durable, but the Monster GT also looks quite capable.

The Losi LST shows great promise and appears to even come with a REAL radio....3channel FM Synthesized radio...let's just hope it's the XS3 and not something that's been seriously watered down.

As much ad I'd want back in NOW...I'd probably wait for a little more info on the new offerings from Losi and Traxxas, and see how the Monster Gt does now that they're coming out of hibernation.

Remember..the MGT was released just in time for half the country to put them away for the winter...
Old 04-10-2004, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default which truck...

the savage 25 is a good truck. i've read reviews of this truck and it's very capable of jumping, high speed runs and is very durable. don't know if this truck could be used for rock climbing. what you need is an electric truck for percision low speed driving using the novak super rooster. with gas trucks, you can't do this merely because you need to put the engine in high rpm to get the torque out of it causing you burst of speed instead of a slow consistent speed...