Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How are Emaxxes?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2003, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Default How are Emaxxes?

Im thinkin' with the $$$ I get for christmas, I'd buy an Emaxx. But my buddy had one and the center shaft outdrive got chewed up. The upper peice of the half shaft spun out of the outdrive (twisted it until it broke). Am I making sense?

I just was wondering if this is a common problem And what solutions there are.

LMK if I need to re-explain the question... I dont think it makes sense.
Thanks in advance, Jeff
Old 11-29-2003, 09:16 PM
Tech Adept

Only things I've broke on mine are the rear bulkheads and one of the plastic halfshafts that goes to the wheels. I replaced the stock ones with MIP Shiny CVDs, and I've never had a problem since.
Old 11-30-2003, 10:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Out of all my rc's (XXX-T, XX-4, FM-1e, mini-T), the e-maxx is the one that I usually go for. I like it so much I now have 2. The bulkheads are the weak link and can be fixed with aluminum. The driveshafts can be replaced with steel as needed, but the newer plastic shafts are pretty durable.
Old 11-30-2003, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

K thanks guys, I'm gunna save my money and buy one ASAP. Thanks for all your help.
JEFF
Old 11-30-2003, 04:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the truck has to much power somnetimes but its not too $$$ to fix. i just took mine apart only to fined i had twisted the output on the lightwight alum lower trans shaft and that was with the evx and titans. but it took so work to do that but the E is alsome
Old 11-30-2003, 04:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the truck has to much power somnetimes but its not too $$$ to fix. i just took mine apart only to fined i had twisted the output on the lightwight alum lower trans shaft and that was with the evx and titans. but it took so work to do that but the E is alsome
Old 12-01-2003, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Reverse to Forward wheelies are the reason for the twisted shafts...
Old 12-03-2003, 12:36 PM
Tech Initiate

I own an E-Maxx. I've owned it since July yet I've had a few problems (mainly my fault because I'm an idiot [shut up vtl1180ny] )

The only things I broke were:

Slipper Clutch Disc (burned it to hell)
Left Upper and Lower Control Arms
Bent Shock
Axles (not center drive [they're still in good shape] I used to do reverse to forward wheelies [I learned my lesson!])

All in all, not a bad truck, only thing I don't like is the handling of it (but as vtl1180ny says [not in exact words but you get the idea of what he's saying], It's a monster truck, it's going to handle like a monster truck, not an on-road.)

But ehh, what are you going to do? You get what you get. Back on topic now, All in all, pretty good truck.
Old 12-03-2003, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

ok im assuming you two know eachother...
How did you burn up the slipper disk?

You must be a HARDCORE basher... RIGHT ON!
Old 12-04-2003, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Got to keep the slipper adjusted properly. If you leave it too loose, it will slip constantly and overheat....possible melt.
Old 12-05-2003, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Yes... Unfortunately we live across the street from each other... Take note, that with exception of the slipper 90% of his parts breakage was from hitting things or ME!

The Maxx's are Monster Trucks, not made to do a slalom course on the street... I've got 1 T-Maxx and another Big Block Maxx I'm in the process of building... My son's getting an E-Maxx for christmas... He's only 4, but he does fine with my old RC10T...
Old 12-05-2003, 07:01 PM
ajg

The e-maxx is nice, I think it's slow but thats just because I race touring cars. The only thing I've broke is the rear bulkhead fro getting air and landing wrong. It's pretty strong though, I got 11 feet of air once and nothing broke. (except for a bent aluminum skid plate, but I just bent it back)
Old 12-09-2003, 04:26 PM
Tech Addict

E-Maxx with 3300nimh 7 cells and 20/64 gearing, wooohooo. cant complain, i run my E when i am looking for speed. Then TXT when i go for slow - rock crawling days.

just get a set of half shafts for spare. with 7 cells, you'll be changing them in no time. good luck.