team associated monster GT

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2004, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

any standard 1100mah hump style pack will fit
Old 11-09-2004, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by budlightnmyhand
I was just at my hobby shop looking at this truck today. The guy there was very very knowledgeable. He told me the rx in the truck is made for an airplane and that if you move the battery input from battery to auxillary on the RX it will bump the voltage from 4.8 to 6 volts. Hope that helps.
Mike
I never even looked at or tried the origional radio... I came home with the truck, ditched the reciever and threw in an FM so I could use my 3PK.....
Old 11-11-2004, 10:16 AM
Tech Regular

I have the Jr xs3 for my on road car and the RX was a little to big for that car. So i see JR came out with a smaller version of the RX so i put the bigger RX in my MGT. Took me a while to figure out how to get the damn reverse thing to work. To many functions on the XS3 for me to even use but i got it working. No glitching now, and the run times are longer. Plus i hated that toy looking remote.

Mike
Old 11-16-2004, 09:07 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by budlightnmyhand
I was just at my hobby shop looking at this truck today. The guy there was very very knowledgeable. He told me the rx in the truck is made for an airplane and that if you move the battery input from battery to auxillary on the RX it will bump the voltage from 4.8 to 6 volts. Hope that helps.
Mike
Wow I've never heard of this. I'm going to have to try it!

I finally retired my Savage and got the MGT! I'm patiently awaiting a motor mount to drop in the Novarossi .28!

Where are all the MGT fans.............................??????????????!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2004, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by j240z
Wow I've never heard of this. I'm going to have to try it!

I finally retired my Savage and got the MGT! I'm patiently awaiting a motor mount to drop in the Novarossi .28!

Where are all the MGT fans.............................??????????????!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I put in a Sirio on the stock mount.... How come you need a different mount for the NR????
Old 11-16-2004, 02:19 PM
Tech Addict

well, my friend had to get a different mount to fit a Wasp 26 so I figured I needed one for the 28. Maybe I should try the stock mount first (DUH!)
Oh well, the new one on the way is on of those cool anodized ones.........
Old 11-18-2004, 12:22 PM
Tech Addict

Ah ha! The engine mounting holes are farther apart, and the stock engine mount isn't wide enough for the .28.

I got the aftermarket mount today. Can't wait to bolt it in!
Old 11-18-2004, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Ah ha! The engine mounting holes are farther apart, and the stock engine mount isn't wide enough for the .28.

I got the aftermarket mount today. Can't wait to bolt it in!
Wow... My Sirio 27 bolted right in.....
Old 11-30-2004, 09:53 PM
Tech Addict

Default Susp set-up

Anyone have a good set-up for the MGT? I remember seeing one in a r/c mag a while back but can't find the issue now. AE still doesn't have any MGT set-ups on their site.......
Old 12-01-2004, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

Default powrestroke shocks

has any one tried these they look great just wondering, would like opinions on some shocks not intrested in integy pwerstoke look goood are there anyotherones that some one can recommend thanks
Old 12-01-2004, 08:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Default GREAT TRUCK HAVE TO PART ANY TAKERS

I have an MGT.....love it but unfortunetly my job superseeds hobbies....so im looking for a good home for the BEAST...lol

UP-GRADES

XTM 24.7 pro engine (needs broke in)
XTM steering servo
HPI side exhaust
Hot Body flame wheels w/rims
Gold springs
Set of Diff Lube

Truck includes all orignal parts, engine and everything else no one needs in these forums...lol

Its does need a new body cover and some cosmetics done IE....new front and rear bumper, under body is scratched up but hey its been used....the orignal blue springs have been cut for lower ride hight and more stability....

Can provide Pics if interested

Best Offer....

[email protected]
Old 12-02-2004, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

Default 28 rex 8 port

has any one used this engine in their mgt just wondering what would be the best gear set up for this powerhouse want top speed without noticng take of speed and keeping the front wheels on the ground some opinions were 16/46 some17/49 and a whole bunch of others just looking for a good set up thats all guys sorry for the questions just trying to narrow down the best options thanks
Old 12-03-2004, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)

Just wanted to let you guys know that we have the Monster GT on sale right now as a special for the Holiday Seasons, in case you don't already have one.

Associated Monster GT Sale
Old 12-11-2004, 08:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Susp set-up

Anyone have a good set-up for the MGT? I remember seeing one in a r/c mag a while back but can't find the issue now. AE still doesn't have any MGT set-ups on their site.......
Actually they DO have a setup for the MGT on the AE site. It is Richard Saxton's setup from the Dirt Nitro Challenge. It will get you headed in the right direction.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:53 PM
Tech Addict

Hey thanks! I don't know how I missed that the first time I checked

I broke my pullstart while breaking in the .28. Man I can't wait to drive this beast with that huge engine............I can't find a pullstart anywhere

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.