Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
E-Maxx Upgrades... >

E-Maxx Upgrades...

E-Maxx Upgrades...

Old 01-16-2002, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default E-Maxx Upgrades...

While testing my new Xtreme chassis I realized that I could put some sick HP in my Maxx. So, with 18 cells and dual 9x2 Reedy Big Comm motors, it was off to the street to about gearing. I had converted my truck to 48p gears, but, with this HP, I went through 2 plastic spurs in about 10 seconds. The power just shredded the gears!!!

At the LHS, I noticed a 32p 65t steel Robinson spur. Since the stock E- gear is a 66, I figured I could make this work. It's a very similar conversion as the T-...simply remove the slipper assembly, slightly file down the edges of the slipper shaft (to take the hard angles off of it and smooth it out), and install the bearing and steel spur. Reassemble the slipper clutch as before. I'm not sure if you really need the slipper pegs, but, I did install them anyway. I lock my slipper down all the way, anyway.

Now, just gear the truck like you normally would. It is actually quieter than the stock gears!!!! AND, it's durable as h*ll!!!!!!!

And, I have to say, the Xtreme chassis is an INCREDIBLE chassis!!! The handling of the truck has been changed from a, well, oversized loamy truck to a super nimble racing machine...
Time to go win some races....