Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Waterproof Servos >

Waterproof Servos

Waterproof Servos

Old 09-11-2008, 08:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Waterproof Servos

I was wondering if anyone knows if they sell waterproof servos and if not how to waterproof servos? I've been having some problems with my servos getting wet and acting up. I know i can rig something up with gasket sealer and balloons, but would like to just buy something that is a little more sure proof, If anyone can help it would be great....
Old 09-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the new traxxas EMAXX has water proof servos on it. also if you go to home depot and buy(i believe its called) plasti-dip, then you simply pop out your servos, pop off the horns, pop open the can and dip them in the can. servo side not the wire

after you dip them in wait about 5 seconds and pull them out. then hang them to dry. after it all is dry simply cut the plastic off the horn gear and re install the horn, then re install the servo

you cant run them under water but they will easily stand up to snow and the occasional puddle.

my personal bet would be to go with the traxxas servos.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

oops. browser froze while clicking submit. please delete the extras.

Last edited by MoparRules; 09-12-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

same

Last edited by MoparRules; 09-12-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

same.

Last edited by MoparRules; 09-12-2008 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Howdy. I know traxxas has the 2056 waterproof servo, however if your like me you like a bearing supported metal gear servo, or you have existing servos you'd like to use. This works well,- heavy grade silicone grease on every mating surface, (servo must be dissasemled), lightly apply where the housing components come together, reassemble careful not to smear grease, or get it inside servo or on circuit board, and a small o-ring over the output shaft before installing the servo horn-arm or servo saver, the o-ring can't be too thick or it will bind, and I put a small amount of silicone grease around output shaft before installing o-ring. This also prolongs the life of the servo in all applications where dirt/dust or other contaminates want to enter and destroy. GOD BLESS.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i use a felt washer soaked in liquid silicone under the servo horn. gasket sealer on the case seams. it works for me!!