Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
TMaxx 2.5 conversion HELP >

TMaxx 2.5 conversion HELP

TMaxx 2.5 conversion HELP

Old 01-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default TMaxx 2.5 conversion HELP

A buddy of mine asked me to help him do a 2.5 conversion. I have the kit, with no instructions!!. The only problem I have encountered is the throttle linkage. The throttle linkage his the spur gear or the linkage hangs open at full throttle. Can anyone post good pictures of their 2.5 operating throttle linkage at the carb near spur gear so I can compare the one I am working on to it?

Thanks,
Chuck
Old 01-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ok whe you hit the throttle doe sit close or open. if it closes the then you might just have to change the channel on the control itself. the little switches a the bottom is were you would switch it. i dont have a pic right now to post but i can explain it the best i can in words. from an overhead view of the truck with the linkage on the left side of truck. the linkage runs up towards the motor, (the plastic piece the linkage conects to) the top of that piece should be pointing to the right (towards the carb), and the bottom should be at a 90 degree to that(pointing to the rearof the truck) keep in mind this is all from standing above the truck. soryr i dont have a pic. you might be able to also get on the traxxas webb site and get some pic from there. you might have to download a couple different manuals to get what you need. but sorry thats the best i can do for you with out a pic.