Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
HPI Savage Thread >

HPI Savage Thread

HPI Savage Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 12:13 AM
Tech Adept

Default HPI Savage Thread

Hi,

I opened up my gearbox to locktiite the hexnut that secures the two-speed drum to the drive shaft. I accidently damage the hex after reassembled it. Now I cannot unscrew it again so there is no way in the future that I can take out the two-speed drum again. Is there any way to overcome this problem? What can I do to turn the screw again?
Old 05-05-2003, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

if you need to remove it in the future take a allen key (hex key) and put a small drop of CA on it and put it into the screw. Let it sit overnight and then unscrew it and throw it all away.
Old 05-05-2003, 06:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by newracer
if you need to remove it in the future take a allen key (hex key) and put a small drop of CA on it and put it into the screw. Let it sit overnight and then unscrew it and throw it all away.
Thanks for the tip. BTW, what locktite should I use; the red one or the blue one? How many should I put?
Old 05-09-2003, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

for the screw removal? not threadlock, CA (superglue) should be used. I only use blue threadlock on my screws.
Old 06-05-2003, 08:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

I watched one of those Savages at my local dirt track tonight, I think it is as close a monster stadium truck that ive ever seen. That thing keeping up with alot of the XXX-NT and Ass. GT's. It would smoke them in the straight aways but they would catch up in the cornering. They jumped about the same very smooth and had great distance. I think they need to start a nitro Monster class. On a track the Savage rules, I saw a T-Maxx out there too and some Electric trucks were smoking it. Not impressive at all on the track but I guess it was meant for rock climbing and back yard bashing anyway! By they way....the savage had a smaller set of tires on it and was gear faster and the T-Maxx had the regular tires on so I guess that really made the difference. I would of loved to see the T-Maxx with the same tires and gears as the savage.