Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which 1 of these is best and why? This is my first Nitro Car /Monster

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 03:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Talking Which 1 of these is best and why? This is my first Nitro Car /Monster

Hey Guys , I am just wondering which one these models is the best, This is my first nitro rc car , i want it fast and mean =] and i dont care what size.I just want hats best for my money =]

Here is what you have to choose from =] :

1-http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...9662&rd=1&rd=1

2-http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...2513&rd=1&rd=1

Cheers Guys!
Old 07-31-2007, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

if your looking into getting into nitro rc. you need something good. not sayign those are bad, but it would be worth the money to invest in a nicer top name brand truck. look into traxxas or hpi or associated etc. somethign that has a high name for itself and is on top of their game. dont go with no himoto or acme crap.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

i second that (looking for a big name brand ) aka better truck my first truck was a traxxas hawk 2 it was when traxxas was still new and i ended up with a losi xxt whish is still winning at the local track (10 years later) plus a lot of the new parts still work. i have noticed that in the BIG name brands they find somthing that works and stick with it i am getting redy to upgrade trucks and will buy losi(which i am partial too) but try to get the best and most for your money concidered a well cared for used?
Old 08-01-2007, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

definitely if you buy one of those trucks the manufactuer has less experience so there parts and more vonerable to breakage and because its an offbrand you cant get any parts very easily cause there not common check out the hpi savage and traxxas revo as monster trucks and if you want to get a good durable car that wont break as often cause youre a beginner first you need to pick an area like electric or nitro onroad or offroad and if you pick offroad you need to pick between stadium truck which is less stable and less durable for bashing a good beginner truck is a hpi savage because the traxxas revo is a racing truck for the most part check out thesehttp://http://cgi.ebay.com/HPI-SAVAG...QQcmdZViewItem
or http://http://cgi.ebay.com/HPI-SAVAG...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 08-01-2007, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

i disagree completely. my revo is just as good at bashign as any savage out there. mine has withstood as much if not more than all of my friends savages. and then you can take it to the track and do circles around the savage.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

i was just saying that from my expierience i have done so much to my savage im suprised that it is not completely shattered yet and some jumps i take mine off ive seen a revo jump and if it lands wrong its broke to hell but my savage ive had it land on one wheel and the wheel flew off i put a new nut on it and it was fine and im not saying the revo cant but someday ill post some pics of my savage and well see if a revo can do what mine has done
Old 08-01-2007, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I would have to agree about going with a known brand. The Savage is a great basher, but not racer in "stock" form. The Revo is a good basher and a great racer. You could also look at the T-Maxx, it's a great basher and a good racer, it's also much easier to work on then either the the Revo or Savage. You also have the Associated MGT. It's a good basher too and you can race it, but it's like the Savage, it will cost you a bunch of $ to get it race ready. If you are in Europe, which I guess you are buy your ebay links, I would also check into the new Tamiya's. Tamiya is very popular over the pond and getting parts for them might actually be easier.

Now this is all just my .02 and I know some people will not agree with me, but I would hope that all the info given to you will help you make a good decision and you then enjoy our hobby as much as we do and keep doing it. Good luck and let us know what you get.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oh great another thread that everyone can put in and argue over When you can go without breaking those.... Himotos.... then you upgrade get to be good then get an awsome brand name like Losi or Traxxas or HPI....
Then you will actually feel the differance
Old 08-01-2007, 11:38 PM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=Calz;3535622]This is my first nitro rc car , i want it fast and mean =] and i dont care what size.I just want hats best for my money =]
QUOTE]

how much are you willing to spend? if money is not an issue, go with either of the known brands... they cost a bit more but majority here would agree with me that whichever kit you'll end up with, you'll get your money's worth...
there are cheaper kits out there but then again - "you'll get your money's worth"
Old 08-02-2007, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

if you get tamiya, you need to get electric. they still dont have their nitro down... but yes a hpi/traxxas/associated/losi truck is what you want. you get your moneys worth. and then you get a little extra too
Old 08-03-2007, 11:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Talking

Your better off spending a little more money 4 a main brand truck cause if u go with the cheaper trucks your going to spend the same amount or more replacing parts on the Acme or Himoto and main brand trucks r gonna last u a lot longer.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Hpi Rush Evo?

Hey guys ive saw a HPI Rush Evo for 140 pounds (GBP) do u think this is good deal , brand new in box , factory sealed??? Thanks
Old 08-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Order Hpi Revo Evo

*Delete*
Old 08-13-2007, 02:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Order Hpi Revo Evo

Hey guys , just ordered the HPI Rush evo , for £112 from ebay , its only been used to get it tuned ... brand new in box =] , Thanks for all your help guys =] Ty!