Diff fluids

Old 03-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Diff fluids

Quick question, what diff fluids are you guys running in your savages? I dont want some race setup cause all i do is bash with mine but just a good general setup for bashing. I was thinking 10k up front and 7k maybe 5k in the rear. Let me know what you guys think.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would go 7k in front 3k in rear.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

if your "bashing" its really not going to matter. If you are still running the plastic cups a thicker fluid will probably be better for durability.

Monster trucks with trannies are simple really for diff fluids for the rear end.

I like thick fluid in the front. -> 30k to 50k

this really makes the truck pull itself out of corners and head the direction you point it.

diff fluid in the back is really for tuning the turning of the truck. A light fluid in the rear will make the back end more stable and less likely to break loose on a sweeping corner because as traction is applied to the outside rear wheel the diff unloads to the inside rear wheel that is trying to lift. this keeps the outside wheel from breaking loose keeping the back end more planted - but this also reduces steering since alot of steering is done with the back end anyway.

A thicker fluid will obviously have the other effect and keep applying power to the outside rear wheel and cause it to break loose sooner than a thinner fluid which will give you the feel of more steering on power. Off power you will lose more steering.

anyway, if your bashing, just keep it simple and put something like 15K in each end. If you need more low speed steering, put 5k in the back.