Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Trinity high-flow pipe for 3.3 engine >

Trinity high-flow pipe for 3.3 engine

Trinity high-flow pipe for 3.3 engine

Old 03-14-2007, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Trinity high-flow pipe for 3.3 engine

I am posting this question for my father-in-law. He recently bought the Trinity high flow pipe for his 3.3 and everything was working great for about a minute, until his glow plug burnt out. He put a new plug in and same thing happened. He has gone through about 5 plugs now and cant figure it out, his revo was working great until he put this pipe on? My brother in-law just bought the same pipe for his 3.3 and its doing the same thing, I trying to help them but I cant figure it out either.

I am pretty sure it has to do with re-tuning the engine for the pipe, but I suggested to lean out the motor, and that didnt work either, Please help I now have a father in-law and brother in-law who are at wits end and are about to sell there trucks over this. I dont want to lose my RC buddies.

Thanks
Old 03-14-2007, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The trinity pipe isnt that great to start out with. A lot of people had it on there revos in the beginning. there is just somethin about how the pipes is. I got a trinity pipe a while back and it made the engine run worse. I couldn't tune it to get it to idle good. and to answer the question about the glow plug, try richening it up, because most of the time the engine gets to a certain point where it is lean enough to burn up the glow plug.

-Joe
Old 03-14-2007, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I agree, get rid of that trinity pipe ,your best bet is to keep the stock pipe or get traxxas resonator pipe.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I made the same mistake with my revo, got that pipe for my 3.3. Hadda run extra hot plugs at first til I got the lil' bugger tuned. The thing was junk, no way is it close to be tuned for that motor. Waysted tons o' fuel a plenty too, so I cleaned it and mailed it back that day. The Traxxas stock pipe is the best since it was designed for that motor.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Thanks for the help guys! I went over and spent the afternoon trying to tune there engines, I noticed alot of smoke from the pipe, and oil was dripping out the back of the pipe, so I started leaning the motor out. I leaned out the motor by a half of turn and now it runs fine, only it wont idle now?

I agree with you guys this pipe is a piece of junk, I dont know why everyone calls it the "HOT" pipe for the Revo.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Idle has an adjustment screw...Turn it some to get the idle set when making adjustments.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default trinity pipe

i have the trinity pipe with a .26 max i used a aftermarket exahust coupler for the motor the clear silicone one stinks dont have any problems the thing works great try a different coupler
Old 03-17-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I tried different coupler lengths, started long and cut off as i go. Your .26 is bigger than the 3.3cc so it might have work perfectly for you. Two totally different motors will have two totally different results
Old 03-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've been running a Trinity pipe on both my 2.5 and 3.3. Mine is tuned great and have had no problems. It's louder, but I can see the power increase.
The Resonator is a good pipe as well.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

yeah you guys are rite the pipe is really made for those big block junkies its kinda like running a a strait pipe on the poor lil3.3 the resonator pipe will be your way to go or if you really wanna see what the pipee is good for try one of the sirio drop ins and youll cherish that pipe. good luck