Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ORIGINAL CLODBUSTER HELP PLEASE !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)
Default ORIGINAL CLODBUSTER HELP PLEASE !!

HEY GUYS, I JUST TOOK AN ORIGINAL CLODBUSTER IN ON TRADE AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS AND KNEW SOMEONE ON HERE COULD HELP.

FIRST, WHAT IS A ORIGINAL CLODBUSTER WORTH ?

IT'S IN GREAT SHAPE JUST DIRTY AND HAS A BRAND NEW SET OF BIG OL' TIRES ON IT. IT HAS NO MOTORS BUT BOTH SERVOS TO WORK FRONT AND REAR STEERING. IT HAS SOME SUSPENIONS ISSUES AS ONE OF THE SUPPORTS THAT GOES FROM THE FRONT END TO THE CHASSIS IS MISSING THE END LINK. A COUPLE OTHER LITTLE THINGS BUT NOTHING THAT CAN'T BE FIXED FOR CHEAP $$.

SECOND, IS IT WORTH KEEPING AND FIXING OR HAS THE ORIGINAL CHASSIS BECOME OBSOLETE ONLY TO BE REPLACED WITH THESE HIGH DOLLAR CUSTOM CHASSIS' I SEE ON FLEA BAY ?

I AM NOT A MONSTER TRUCK GUY. LOVE TO WATCH THEM, LOVE TO SEE HOW FAR SOME PEOPLE BUILD THEM, BUT I AM AN OVAL MAN AND WANTED TO SEE WHETHER I WOULD LOSE MY A** BY TRYING TO SELL IT OR WOULD I BE BETTER OFF TO SHELF IT AND JUST AT IT , LOL !!!

AND IF I WANT TO BUILD IT UP, IS THERE A WEBSITE DEDICATED TO THESE THINGS AND WHERE A MAN CAN BUY THE UPGRADES HE NEEDS.

OR A WEBSITE WHERE I CAN SELL IT OTHER THAN HERE OR FLEA BAY.

ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED.

MARCEL
Old 02-19-2007, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default .

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/

check out the pimp cane chassis for the clod based rears

lots of clodbuster info on there a pile of different chassis mainly crawler

you should have kept the super rooster you had for the clod

also the diffs are worth more then the truck its self

everyone buys clods to make crawlers
Old 02-19-2007, 09:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default CLOD

YEAH, IRONIC ISN'T IT.

I TRADE FOR THE CLOD THIS AFTERNOON AND THE ROOSTER SOLD THIS MORNING !!

I THINK I WILL JUST SELL IT . IT TAKES A GOOD AMOUNT UP IN THE HOBBY ROOM.

SO WHAT WOULD YOU SAY ITS' WORTH TMAXXKING ??

BOTH DIFF'S LOOK GREAT.

THANKS FOR YOUR LINK AND YOUR HELP

MARCEL
Old 02-20-2007, 08:40 AM
Tech Addict

If the truck still look great, it will probably sell around $60 to $80 range or better depending on the condition. New, unused and with ball bearings axles only sell around $100. Better take some good quality pics when you put it on ebay. Might as well use the money you get on your oval stuff. Good luck.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by 4wdmt
If the truck still look great, it will probably sell around $60 to $80 range or better depending on the condition. New, unused and with ball bearings axles only sell around $100. Better take some good quality pics when you put it on ebay. Might as well use the money you get on your oval stuff. Good luck.
Pretty much on the money as far as price goes..A good set of axels alone may reach over $100.00. I have a Clodzilla IV and spent some conciderable amount of money and time to get it that way. It started off as a used clod buster but now its a crawler, and I'm still having motor issuse, nothing major, there just too fast for a crawler. I'm using a E-maxx esc and duel batteries and the thing goes like snot...

If you need some parts to get it back to original condition, I may be able to help. Over the past 2 years, I've created a large collection of parts. probably enough to build a whole clod, including 2 new chassis's, a compleat body, extra crome parts for the body, tons of suspention parts, springs and shocks, bumpers galore, tie rods,...ect..ect...

Just lmk if you need anything.

Last edited by Taqrin; 02-21-2007 at 11:40 PM.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default CLOD

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT GUYS.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO REALLY.

I NEVER COULD AFFORD ONE OF THESE AS A TEENAGER. I WATCHED MY FRIENDS LOOK THROUGH BOOKS WANTING TO "UPGRADE" THEIR CLOD AND THEN I GUESS IT WAS JUST A MILD SUSPENSION UPGRADE. NOW IT'S JUST BLEW WAY UP. LIKE MOST THINGS I GUESS.

IF I KEEP IT I KNOW I WOULD START DUMPING TONS INTO IT AND END UP WITH A SHELF QUEEN THAT LOOKS GREAT BUT AROUND HERE THERE ARE NO CRAWLER EVENTS OR ANYTHING OF THE SORT SO RACING IT OR CRAWLING IT WOULD BE OUT OF THE QUESTION.

IF I AM WANTING TO BUILD ONE WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO START ?

TEAR OUT THE DIFFS AND THROW THE REST AWAY ?

THIS SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING I DON'T KNOW ENOUGH ABOUT AND SHOULD JUST MANTLE WHAT I HAVE NOW AND LEAVE IT AT THAT.

I HAVE TO ADMIT THOUGH. LOOKING AT IT BESIDE MY OVAL CARS DOES MAKE ME WANT TO GO "BIGGER" AND "BADDER" WITH IT.

I HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION. NOVAK HAS THIS BRUSHLESS CRAWLER MOTOR RIGHT ? BUT HOW DO YOU USE THAT IN A CLOD ? THERE ISN'T A DUAL MOTOR ESC FOR BRUSHLESS IS THERE ??

USUALLY WHEN I START A PROJECT I START RESEARCHING IT BUT I JUST GOT THE CLOD AND IN LIMBO MODE SO I NEED SOME INSPIRATION TO PUSH ME TOWARDS BUILDING IT. AND I AM A WHOLE HEARTED BRUSHLESS MAN. SO IF A DUAL BRUSHLESS SETUP IS POSSIBLE THAT MIGHT DO IT FOR ME.

WHAT ABOUT IT GUYS ??

MARCEL
Old 02-21-2007, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default .

yank the diffs

sell the left overs on ebay

cruise around the vendors section on rccrawler

you can get 12mm to 14mm hub adapters to run maxx size wheels

and go 14mm to 13mm if you wanted

there are plenty of options on there