Community
Wiki Posts
Search

good deal or not

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 08:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default good deal or not

Seen in a mag. Savage X $410.00 us is that a good deal? Im debating still on either the X, or the revo 2.5r and MTG or after shock those are around the price im looking at. Should i pay to have it broke in or do myself with a friend that has a savy.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

GET THE REVO ITS THE BESTESTESTEST
Old 01-25-2007, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Out of those ones I would either go the REVO or After Shock but more than likely the REVO. As with breaking in the engine. Having a pro do it would be safe but the only one you are going to learn is to do it yourself

Cheers
Old 01-25-2007, 06:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

so is the 3.3 better for playing around or should i stick with the old 2.5r not alot out for the 3.3 is there.
Old 01-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

anythign you can put on a 2.5 you can put on the 3.3. the 3.3 is a great truck. so is the 2.5. really the only difference is the 3.3 will be a little faster and has more power. but for the extra money, its worth it. the revo is the best truck out i nmy opinion. savy, aftershock, mgt. non come close to what the revo can do o nthe track. go with the revo. and breaking the engine in is simple. just follow what the DVD and manuals say to do. its real easy to follow
Old 01-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

But im wondering if it's better just to buy pieces at a time and build a revo from the ground up? So i can put what ever parts i wanted on it. I wish traxxas sold them as a kit. I wish that they come out with a E-revo, I have another question also about touring cars i would love to have one but im not interested in racing just bashing and playing around. Can i run a touring car outside i've heard yes and no. I just don't wanna have to run it at the track all the time.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by reptilesnr/c
so is the 3.3 better for playing around or should i stick with the old 2.5r not alot out for the 3.3 is there.
I perfer the 3.3 as it has the extended chassis

Cheers
Old 01-25-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

But im wondering if it's better just to buy pieces at a time and build a revo from the ground up? So i can put what ever parts i wanted on it. I wish traxxas sold them as a kit. I wish that they come out with a E-revo, I have another question also about touring cars i would love to have one but im not interested in racing just bashing and playing around. Can i run a touring car outside i've heard yes and no. I just don't wanna have to run it at the track all the time.
No, that is one very expensive way of building a kit. You could buy 2 revo's buy the time you finish building from the ground up.
And what are you talking about a touring car for?

Cheers
Old 01-25-2007, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

ok,

Traxxas doesnt offer anything in kits, TL doesnt offer the aftershock as a kit.

a Savage X for 410 is in the ballpark of what everyone sells them for.

HPI makes a Savage XSS, it has aLOT of option parts on it for about the same price as the RTR, only its completely disassembled (except for the gearbox's) and it doesnt come with electronics.

you can run TC's whereever you want, as long as its a flat hard surface (like pavement). they dont HAVE to be on tracks. what TC are you thinking about. I own an RS4 18SS (also a kit car, with LOTS of options included) and its alot of fun to toy aorund with when i go to camp grounds or when i go the golf community in Myrtle Beach that my unlce has a house in.

What ru doing with your MT? for racing, get a Revo, if you dont plan on racing, just bashing on it, then get a Savage.

thats the simple answer.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

No im not going to be racing at all im just wanting a mt to go out ramp off some hills and just bash around not jump it 10ft off the ground and stuff just a good strong truck and wont break as easy as my t-maxx did. Im wanting one that im not going to have to spend all day tuning like the t-maxx and having to work on it all the time. Im wanting to mod it slightly to give it my own look and thats it. What fuel is good to run in the Savage X and glow plug? and what filter oil is best to use.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

I just use normal motorcycle air filter oil in mine. Go the aftershock. You wont be dissapointed

Cheers
Old 01-25-2007, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

The savage is the truck for you, and you can jump it way over 10 ft btw. it wont break. Savage's are the kings of jumping. and crashing

use Trinity Monster 30% and use a medium or cold glow plug. depends on your area, whichever lasts longer for you and runs better.

my F4.1 in my Savage X was easy to tune. I never dealt with the K4.6 in the Savage XSS. I have been in the hobby 4 years so tuning is like second nature to me. but TRX engines never had a good history when it comes to tuning. so that could have been your problem. my X has held its tune since march, it still runs the way it did when i got it even after cycling water through that poor engine and a 30 degree temperature change.

The Savage is very upgradeable. you wont have any problem finding parts and option parts for it.

things to look out for, loctite every screw going into metal (except for the engine mounting screws) on the RTR, make sure the gear meshing is right, visit the Savage Official Thread for more info on that.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:45 PM
Tech Elite

oh boy, here we go.

ok reptile, i want you to go to your LHS, look at the kit wall, if they have more Savage's then Aftershocks then add one point for the Savage, and vice versa. then look around the parts section, if there appears to be more hop-ups and stock parts for the Savage then the After shock then add another point for the Savage and vice versa. then ask the guy behind the counter which truck he knows more about, give the truck he said another point. which ever truck has more points wins and you buy that truck

I gurantee you the Savage will win, why? It has more parts available for it, and Savage's are common trucks. which will make life easier for you.

The Savage is more durable then the Aftershock and both trucks will have similar accel. and speed. the Aftershock may be faster but not anything disappointing. the aftershock will handle better then the Savage.

visit teamlosi.com and hpiracing.com and look at both trucks, see which oen you like better, watch videos that the manufacturer's should have.

thats about all i can do for you.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

ok have a question for ya about the savages are they really that slow because the guys at the lhs is all about racing and i don't care about racing it's about bashing for me. Also what is a good first upgrade for the savage X
Old 01-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

on the track they dont do well because they are essentially tanks. in a straightline they arent bad but a Revo or a T-maxx will beat it. It has great low end though, being a big block truck. wheelies on demand.
Video:
http://www.dropshots.com/day.php?use...3&ctime=201026
and exaust is a good first upgrade, or a 3-speed tranny. you could also get a RX pack and/or a better steering servo.

it all depends on what you want more of.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.