Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stinger alterations

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 03:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Stinger alterations

I am trying to install led's on the bottom of my old t-maxx, but the bottom of the chassis always gets exhaust oil on it from the stinger that sticks through the chassis and towards the ground. My dad says that I could get a pipe to redirect the exhaust to the back. Would I have to get a huge pipe so I don't mess up the exhaust system, or could I weld a pipe of a similar size to the stinger? Maybe I should just turn my pipe so the stinger aims out, but it would be cool to have a real working exhaust pipe.
Old 02-14-2003, 01:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

i dont know what stinger you have but i had one on my tmaxx and it was rear exhaust..it ws last yr that i did it but i think all i had to do was turn header to point at back of truck you have to put it between the body mounts and do a little trimming on the body.. never had oil anymore on truck just my knee when i started it .lol
Old 02-16-2003, 09:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by DAVCOM
i dont know what stinger you have but i had one on my tmaxx and it was rear exhaust..it ws last yr that i did it but i think all i had to do was turn header to point at back of truck you have to put it between the body mounts and do a little trimming on the body.. never had oil anymore on truck just my knee when i started it .lol
I think he is talking about the tip of the factory pipe. Yes you could run hose to the back of the truck but IMHO you will lose a lot of performance doing that just for some bling bling. If your still stuck on the idea of led's then I would suggest a true stinger setup that DAVCOM was talking about with the pipe facing towards the rear of the truck but even these setups will hamper power somewhat.
Old 02-20-2003, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

i would just spend the $50 for the MIP stinger exhaust that goes out the rear of the truck, it will boost performance and also put the exhaust out hte rear of the truck
Old 02-22-2003, 12:33 AM
Tech Rookie

myclod: I was looking at the MIP exhaust kits and I can't find one for the t-maxx. (And for everyone, mine has the .15 engine)

DAVCOM: Are you talking about turning the whole pipe sideways and having the stinger face the back? Even then, it would need an extension. My pipe has the stinger perpendicular to the main cylinder, which is running up and down the chassis (a regular t-maxx setup), so I don't know what you mean by "turn the header so it faces the back". Maybe I have the wrong idea of what a header is.

I probably sound really stupid but I can't picture it in my mind.
Old 02-22-2003, 04:12 AM
Tech Rookie

ok . when i took stock pipe off. i got stinger, the header that comes with it i put it so that it faces back of truck . i dont have truck anymore so i trying to remember how i did it . but you have to flare out the tail of header were pipe goes on or it will come off even with hose clamp . oily.. put stinger pipe between uprights on back of truck you have to modify body alittle i thought i had a pic of how i did it but i cant find them . ohhh get some longer bolts at hs with the lock nuts (NUTS WITH PLATIC IN THEM)
my bolts worked loose so i went to this never had header come loose no more . hope i help some what .. sorry if i confussed you.